Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Kill In New Ride - Vs. LT1 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Kill In New Ride - Vs. LT1 Vette

Finally got the chance to race my new car a little before I head to the dragstrip next weekend. I was coming out of the Wal-Mart parking lot and noticed a White LT1 Vette Convertible at the stop sign, I followed and the Vette hopped on the highway, there was only one car about a 1/4 mile ahead of us so I figured it was safe enough for a little race. He must have noticed I was following because I cought him coasting at about 45, looked over and he nodded and gunned it, he got a little jump but I quickly pulled 3-4 car lengths ahead at about 120 I braked for my turn and there was a car right ahead of Me, he flew by Me and honked as I turned off the highway back into town. Thought it was a pretty good kill so figured I would post up, don't see many Vettes around here but I think he was from out of town because I've never seen the car before, was a young guy maybe little older than myself, clean looking car though. I was a little surprised that I pulled that far, but I guess it was a vert and an LT1 but it might have been different from a stop. Just seafoamed my car, changing the oil sometime next week then heading to the strip to race some of those damn imports. Anyone else have any races with LT1 Vettes?
Old 07-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me in my vette you would of blown by me for sure - I don't go over 45 mph and very rarely bring my rpms up to 2500.