Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me compare these three cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me compare these three cams

I want to get an idea of how these cams will differ. All three have been recommended for my Radix'ed LQ9 from different shops, and all three seem very different. I am interested in idle characteristics, low end torque characteristics, and high-end power characteristics. Also, what RPM will they be good up to?

1. LPE GT2-3
207/220-571/578-118.5

2. Vinci Trucker (what I have now)
216/224-551/551-115 (with the 1.8 rockers I am getting about .583 lift int and exh)

3. Futral recommendation
224/226-580/575-114

I don't really like the idle quality of the Vinci cam I have now, it is a little too chunky for me. I have been having issues tuning out the RPM drop when shifting from P/N to a drive gear, and have been having issues with the a/c tuning as well. I need the new cam I get to have good idle characteristics as well as kick-*** performance at the track. I know that a lot of the truck guys love the GT2-3, but I want to get some details on what to expect with any of the setups listed above. I am leaning towards the GT2-3 right now....just want to make sure I consider all the options before I order.

My truck is my DD and I tow a bunch during the summer. I will sacrifice some top-end power for good low-end torque, but I don't want to give up low end for top end. I want a good balance with the emphasis being on the low-end.