Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Kirkland Pontiac - back in service

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Kirkland Pontiac - back in service

There have been some issues with the service dept the last couple of years but that is changing right now. First off, they are no longer part of AutoNation. Ownership has changed to someone that gave us what we needed and knows how to deal with GM

The Vibe was driving funny since February this year, at 13 months and well under warranty it felt like a strut or bushing was crapping out, had it checked on a regular service, said nothing was wrong. hmmm.....
Husbands dd, no fourwheelin' or off roading, its commute miles only! So I drove it last week and about **** - there was NO control on the left front. Walked into service dept, told them what it most likely was, dropped it off the next day. Chaos ensued with some bullshit until I talked to Casey who is making it right and told me about the changes coming down the pike.
btw Zeke: he has the other purple GTO in the area

Its still a pita the way GM has all its dealerships by the shorthairs - regardless of what it is they have to get an okay first before they can do what they need to under warranty work Just another reason to write to GM telling them to get their act together if they want to sell the new GTO or even an over-priced Vette.

Either way they are going to make good no matter what GM says: in our case we *won't* be charged for the new strut, alignment, 1½ hours 'diagnostic' (I tell them whats wrong and they try to charge me that long to determine the strut is toast? hell needs to freeze before I'll pay for that) though not sure if the totally worn left front tire is also covered. It should be, the rest have half or better tread left with no unusual wear.

So a heads up. Its safe to deal with them again so we have an eastside service dept working under warranty