Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SLP SS Grille

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP SS Grille

I just received shipment of my SLP SS Grille and I need some help with ideas on how to install this puppy. I know there are several holes that I will need to drill into the front of my car to mount this thing. The problem is, I don't have a drill small enough to get into the tight spaces. I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of the easiest way to install this thing with minimal tools available. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

The SLP SS grille is the same as the bowtie grille that I have. I got mine back in 2000 I believe, and the only "mounting hardware" it came with was 3M double sided tape. If you don't wanna drill holes into your front fascia, or as you said don't have the tools to do it with, I'd just stick it on there with some strong double sided tape. Mine's been on there for 6 years and it's on just as solid as it was before, especially considering that the only part that has tape on it is the center section, the outer edges had none on it.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mine is double side taped on as well....that body molding tape or whatever. It seems kinda loose on the sides, but is real tight on the middle part. I put like 6 rows of tape in that center section. It holds on really well. i hit a stray dog (he jump at the last second going 40 mph ) and it is still intact, and holding strong. I think the tape will do just fine. I dont like drilling holes in my car...
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys, that's what I'll do then. I have the double-sided tape that came with the CME Valance. I plan on using adhesive with that so the tape will work perfect. Can't wait to get it mounted up.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Installed the grille, it looks great. I'll post pics tomorrow when the sun hits the horizon. Thanks again for the help guys.

Quick Reply: SLP SS Grille