Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran an LS1 and LT1 earlier.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ran an LS1 and LT1 earlier.

I went to a get together tonight hoping to get a race, its been awhile. I'm there for over an hour and am fixing to leave when I decided to ask a couple of people for a friendly run. I first asked a guy in a viper but he declined since his car was for sale. I then went up to an LT1 that I told was pretty quick. He had a stall, cam, and bolt ons.

I told him I had nitrous and just wanted a run. He was willing and we went out to the feeder road of 45S. He warmed up his radials and I cleared my lines. We take off and I've got about 1/2 a car or so. In the top of second I spray but the car sputters and backfires several times. I quickly let off with 3+cars. Then coasting in idle the car dies? Its done this before several times on motor but not on spray, then again I have only sprayed once lately. Its like the car is flooded???

We pull over to bs and he wants to go from a slow roll on motor. His friend in an SS had followed us as I got the feeling he was trying to measure me up. We line up again and I wait for his honks. Again I pull on him and by the top of third I have around 3 cars on him. I was alittle surprised but I'll take it.

Now the SS is wanting to line up. His car sounded pretty good and I asked if he had a small cam. He said no, just bolt ons. I take my car to about 3k waiting on the third honk. He stays idle the entire time and I thought he might be an auto with traction issues. Not long after the second honk he revs up spooking me, lol. I quickly realized he wasn't leaving and didn't let off my clutch. It was too late. The third honk comes and he's off. With my rpms too high I just spin. By the top of third he has two cars on me but looks like his pull has stopped, but Im not gaining either. I tell him good run and am in a hurry to get home as I'm late already. I would love to run him again. I'm not sure if I can beat him but am pretty positive it would be very close.

I'll be calling G-Force tomorrow to see when they can get my car on the dyno to check it out.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you had a good couple of runs.

BTW, I was at that meet last Friday and I must say, Your car looks badass in person. I've seen it online a few times, but damn, it looks nice.

Sounds damn good too.

Good kill/death
Old 07-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Banned

Sounds like you got a strong car, but needs a tune or some adjustment.

Keep it safe with that N20, I've heard some pretty crazy stories due to poor installation/tune/adjustment.

and nice races