Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full exhaust for 01 SS???

Old 07-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Full exhaust for 01 SS???

My girlfriend has an 01 SS, SLP package I know it has a catback or muffler at least but I am almost positive its not Loudmouth. There is a Corsa sticker under her console box and that is what it sounds like but it is only a single exit exhaust. I have not climbed under the car to look yet but it does sound good. The car runs very strong. What are a good pair of Longtubes and o/r y-pipe for her car? Preferably the cheaper the better, I would like to keep the catback or muffler she has because it does sound good but I would like to get the center exit tips or at least dual pipes coming out the back instead of that ugly *** 1 pipe. Also i would like to port her throttle body and and get a lid for it. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me on these parts how much where and etc. Thanks again guys.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:37 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetter coated LT's and TSP catted y-pipe (for better sound) can be had for $700 from TSP. LT's and TSP ORY for $500.

Everyone has a lid for sale, do a little search, you'll find a big *** thread about them (it was even a poll). I locked it because it wouldn't go away.

Port the throttle body yourself, there's a writeup in one of the stickies.

If you do end up getting the LT's, I highly recommend a set of $50 poly motor mounts to go with. They do nothing but help.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Ok, yeah I definately wanna go the off road setup, so Pacesetter Lt's with a TSP o/r y-pipe for $500? That does not sound bad at all. Also is there any way I can keep her muffler or cat back and just get the center exit tips? Thanks again for your help man.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Banned

pacesetters seem to be the way to go around here
Old 07-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Sounds good man cant wait till she mods it by the way your T/A looks great..... my girls 01 SS is lowered with chrome ZO6 wheels. Is it a big difference to do a 3 inch y-pipe?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Is there any way she can keep her catback and get the center exit exhaust tips??
Old 07-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Teching In

?? Anyone?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Ok I am def. gonna get get LT's for her car sometime in the future, but she wants the center exit exhaust like what came from the factory (02 SS) I think. Right now she just has like seriously it looks like a piece of plumbing pipe just hanging out the back, just one pipe. Her car sounds good I think its Corsa but I am not sure there is a Cors sticker in the car but I havenot even crawled under there to look at it yet. So please let me know what I can do, it would be nice to do this andjust keep her muffler now. If not how much and where do I get the Center exit exhaust. I am sure SLP sells it but it is probably very expensive. Thanks again guys I would just like to get this fixed because she has a beautiful car with a dull *** pipe just hanging out the back.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Ok I am def. gonna get get LT's for her car sometime in the future, but she wants the center exit exhaust like what came from the factory (02 SS) I think. Right now she just has like seriously it looks like a piece of plumbing pipe just hanging out the back, just one pipe. Her car sounds good I think its Corsa but I am not sure there is a Cors sticker in the car but I havenot even crawled under there to look at it yet. So please let me know what I can do, it would be nice to do this andjust keep her muffler now. If not how much and where do I get the Center exit exhaust. I am sure SLP sells it but it is probably very expensive. Thanks again guys I would just like to get this fixed because she has a beautiful car with a dull *** pipe just hanging out the back.
i believe no one makes the center mount anymore and they are quite are to come by. the corsa is a very nice sounding and very good looking system. but the CME is also quite nice. good luck finding it.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Ok thanks man yeah I will try and figure something out I wonder if a muffler shop could just run dual pipes out the back if all else fails.

Search this Thread