Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Say hello to my little friend!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Say hello to my little friend!

I sold the Trans Am last saturday to Dr.Teeth and monday I picked up my brand new ride. She is still in the Chevy family!

These are pictures of the same exact model I bought, I will be taking my fathers camera today and be taking some pics in the parking lot. She is a 2006 Chevy Cobalt 2.0L Supercharged SS, Bright red, 18 inch Rims wrapped iN pirelli tires. Bone Stock and picked it up with 30 miles. AND it has the "new car smell."

This car is QUUUIIICKKK. Unlike a turbo that has lag, this supercharger is with it most of the way and it pulls like a mother. GM makes Stage 1, 2 & 3 kits for it that won't void your warranty. I plan on going straight to Stage 2 soon. Should add an extra 25 HP and really really wakes up the car. Seeing as it's still a Chevy, I'm still going to be on here all the time!

Feedback is accepted! I'll get some more pics up today or tommorow!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
Old 07-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
Because those are cool little cars. Time for stage one and two, can't get beat by caliber srt-4s, you must be prepared
Old 07-20-2006, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

I have a 2005 Cobalt sedan. It's my gas saver. It's a nice little car.

I like the interior of the SS a lot better though. Nice!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet, congrats josh. must have been hard handing over the keys to the old bird!

those cars are pretty cool. a friend of mine had one for a little while, but his was a factory lemon and was on the streets for 2 days and in the dealership for 7.

gotta make sure those little SRT-4s dont pose a threat!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Those cars are so comfy. And CAN be good on gas mileage. If I wasn't stuck with a Trailblazer, I would pick up one of those.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

looks like a honda
Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

man, kinda like a downgrade. I would have kept the bird & got that car too, for gas milage only.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is great on gas if you don't use the boost. 30 highway and 24 street and it handles great, and I killed a stang on Hall road last night. I have seen stock Cobalts beat WRX's, SRT-4's, and that caliber is a sleeper. Haven't run or seen one run yet, but it has a powerful little engine. We did alot of advertising work for that car.

But first will be a Injen CAI for more flow and so I can hear the supercharger better, next a torque dampner to get rid of the wheel hop. Then stage 2.

Unfortunatly I'm a college kid and can't upkeep both cars. I was sick of my car. Not a reliable DD and it was draining my money like no other. I got something new and reliable and I'm happy and have no regret with my decision. But I will admit I was depressed for a couple days after getting rid of the bird. The Cobalt made me feel better.

I'll get some more pics here soon........
Old 07-20-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

So how did you afford this, being in college? Or did mommy and daddy buy it for you?

Although I agree, serious downgrade. You could have bought a very clean LS1 Trans Am for $10,000 less.
1. Trans Am is a lot faster.
2. RWD>FWD
3. A six speed Trans Am gets 30mpg on the highway. Gas mileage in town can suck, but you can buy a ton of gas with $10,000.
4. Trans Am looks cooler. Doesn't look like a wannabe Honda ricer-mobile.

I could go on, and on, and on. Hell, for $25,000 you could get a nice C5 Corvette.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AronZ28
So how did you afford this, being in college? Or did mommy and daddy buy it for you?

Although I agree, serious downgrade. You could have bought a very clean LS1 Trans Am for $10,000 less.
2. RWD>FWD
3. A six speed Trans Am gets 30mpg on the highway. Gas mileage in town can suck, but you can buy a ton of gas with $10,000.

I could go on, and on, and on. Hell, for $25,000 you could get a nice C5 Corvette.

Might have a job...there is a thing such as finacing, and rates are pretty low on new cars

Why is everyone on his case about it? He wanted something different, wanted something that had some spirt and still saved him on gas. I'm sure that thing gets a hell of alot better gas mileage in the city then a TA, and I"m sure insurance for a kid in college on a vette would be out of this world.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackBirdWs6Zzz
It is great on gas if you don't use the boost. 30 highway and 24 street and it handles great, and I killed a stang on Hall road last night. I have seen stock Cobalts beat WRX's, SRT-4's, and that caliber is a sleeper. Haven't run or seen one run yet, but it has a powerful little engine. We did alot of advertising work for that car.

But first will be a Injen CAI for more flow and so I can hear the supercharger better, next a torque dampner to get rid of the wheel hop. Then stage 2.

Unfortunatly I'm a college kid and can't upkeep both cars. I was sick of my car. Not a reliable DD and it was draining my money like no other. I got something new and reliable and I'm happy and have no regret with my decision. But I will admit I was depressed for a couple days after getting rid of the bird. The Cobalt made me feel better.

I'll get some more pics here soon........
those cars are chevys week atempt to run with the st1s and the evos and personally i think the evos look hell ofa lot cooler the cobalt looks like a phony import like when people hook up cavaliers.but at least you like it even thought its slower than you last car,haha.no but really aleast its more reliable.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

I'd cruise it. *shrug*
Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AronZ28

2. RWD>FWD

Well *** whipe I got a loan through a credit union for the car. I have a full time job, and go to full time school. And I pay for every penny of it and school. I need something for the upcoming winter. And If I bought a 6 speed trans am, i'm sorry but 30 mpg my ***. Especially with mods. RWD<FWD in winter. I need something reliable with Warranty. Thats why.

And believe me. I'll get another Trans am.

Thanks for the good feedback guys.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
those cars are chevys week atempt to run with the st1s and the evos and personally i think the evos look hell ofa lot cooler the cobalt looks like a phony import like when people hook up cavaliers.but at least you like it even thought its slower than you last car,haha.no but really aleast its more reliable.
Weak attempt? Go drive one and I think you would change your mind. I had a 96 Ws6 with the mods in my sig, that was fast. I know what fast is and this Cobalt is FAST. and it doesn't have that stupid turbo lag those SRT-4's and Evo's have.

Check your facts buddy. Just don't so you know so cuz your on the internet.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

turbo lag isn't really a big deal.

nice wing
Old 07-20-2006, 01:47 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Why not a Solstice? Still would have been a Pontiac (which would have avoided a definite divional downgrade), still would have been a sports car, still would be good mileage, and still would be quite inexpensive.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HPP
Why not a Solstice? Still would have been a Pontiac (which would have avoided a definite divional downgrade), still would have been a sports car, still would be good mileage, and still would be quite inexpensive.
UGLY
Old 07-20-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice car.

Sure its not my choice, but he is happy and its what he wants. Those are not real cheap cars so he is apparently working hard for what he has while in school. Gotta respect peoples choices...if everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would have loved to have something like that when I was in college. I like it. Besides, EVOs look like ***!

Quick Reply: Say hello to my little friend!