Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS owners - OIL LEAK

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS owners - OIL LEAK

hey to all the STS guys i had my oil return line that taps into the oil fill cap on eng start spraying oil all over the eng last night. the plastic cap was wallowed out by the meal elbow. not the best of designs. check your cap if there is any play in the elbow attached to the cap your an oil leak waiting to happen. i took a firewall grommet cut it in half and put one piece on the outside of elbow the other piece i installed on inside of cap. sandwiched the cap with the grommet pieces. its held up good. probably going to look for alternet place to tap oil line back into eng . any good ideas are welcome.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smoke20
hey to all the STS guys i had my oil return line that taps into the oil fill cap on eng start spraying oil all over the eng last night. the plastic cap was wallowed out by the meal elbow. not the best of designs. check your cap if there is any play in the elbow attached to the cap your an oil leak waiting to happen. i took a firewall grommet cut it in half and put one piece on the outside of elbow the other piece i installed on inside of cap. sandwiched the cap with the grommet pieces. its held up good. probably going to look for alternet place to tap oil line back into eng . any good ideas are welcome.
I put my oil return into the corner of the valvecover, below and forward of the oil neck.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

After mine did that I bought a CNC'ed oil fill cap that is tapped for the oil return and got rid of all the plastic, i also had SS braided return lines made for P.O.M. I bought these items from a member on Performance trucks. BTW, replace the oil quick connect with one made for hydraulics, its not shown in the pic but the new one has a much better o-ring, the one i had with the kit leaked due to a faulty o-ring.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tapping into the valve cover is a nice idea, and the replacement cap is nice too, but we have never had this happen to any of our cars...
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

honestly, we havent either. We always check it and sometimes add a little thread tape.

Quick Reply: STS owners - OIL LEAK