Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

94 Z28 Vs 02 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Z28 Vs 02 SS

First off, let me say that this guy was pretty cool and it was a nice SS. (M6) I actually saw this car for sale at a dealership by my house a while ago. (he obviously bought it. I asked him if he bought from the dealership i was thinking of and he did.)

Anyway, i'm coming back from my g/f's house when I see this nice SS. I knew from that moment, it was the one from the dealership i saw a while back. So, i'm driving down this one lane road and the SS throws a quick rev at me. As he was driving, he would hit it a little and make his car jump. I figure i'll stay behind him and see if we get a little stretch. We get to a stop sign and he floors it after he stops. I follow and it's a really good race. I stayed right behind him.

We finally get to a three lane road. Once he got straight, he got on it and so did I. I tried to hit as soon as possible, but being an auto I got a little late hit. Although, I still stayed behind him and it was close. We got to the next light and there was some traffic, so we couldn't go from the line. This guys gets out of his car and starts walking over to mine. (He was pretty muscular, so at first, i was like wtf? lol) He came up to me and said: "That's a pretty fast LT1 man, what do you have done to it?" I told him my mods and he told me his car was an 02 with the SLP stuff on it. SLP exhaust and SLP intake, but other than that it was stock. He said he ran it at the track a few weeks ago and ran a 13.2 @ 107.8. I thought that was pretty fast, seeing as though the weather here has been ridiculously hott...(florida) It was 103 degrees six days ago...The humidity is horrible.

I said to him, i wonder how good of a race it would be from a dig, or side by side? He said, probably pretty close. He had to hurry back to his car, because the light turned green, then we both made a right with no traffic. We went from about a 25mph roll or so. At first, i pulled a little and got right next to him and we stayed side by side to about 90-95 and had to let off. I was getting ahead a little bit, but for the most part it was pretty damn even. Anyway, after that he said, damn it was dead even. After that, we parted out ways. Cool guy and a damn good race. I wish we could have gone from a dig though. I was amazed how good that car hooked. He had some nice tires.

Sorry for the long post. My mods are LT headers, matching Y-pipe, Moroso CAI, LT4 KM and a tune. (A4) He was an M6 if someone didn't catch that.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

lol, no one cares...
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool you stayed with a LS1 with just a few bolt ons
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

sounds about right. from a dig would have been interesting since you dont have a stall. i say get sum gears and and a stall with sum good tires and you should haul ***. good race.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Banned

Give it up.
LT1's have no power. They are boat anchors. LS1's rule the world.

I am drinkin....god damn wobbly pops..... I will regret this tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jamesSS
sounds about right. from a dig would have been interesting since you dont have a stall. i say get sum gears and and a stall with sum good tires and you should haul ***. good race.
I have the stock 3:23's in the car now. I've been debating about getting a gear. If i do, will i lose my topend? I used to have a 91 camaro and when i put a 3:73 on there, i lost so much top end...I'm worried about the same thing happening to my LT1. I have an A4, so I would go with 3:73's. Do you guys think it would be worth it? What are some of the pro's and con's of getting a gear? Will i notice a huge change and how much worse will my gas mileage be? Also, i'll need to get my car re-tuned, correct?