Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

2007 Cts-v???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Cts-v???

I would seriously consider this car! http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109332
Old 07-20-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i really love that car...... oh i need to go cleans my self up! LOL
Old 07-20-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

I personally don't see a dry sump LS7 in a Caddy although it would be sweet. I don't think it would work w/ the cost... I do like the styling and I'm sure it will have a little extra get up and go... Supercharged like the XLR-V??
Old 07-20-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Still not enough to keep me from dreaming of a black on black E55 at night. But still would be pretty damn cool.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think the other cars mentioned were killed because they were faster than vettes. That would lead to the conclusion that the f-body died because it was faster than the base vette.

The LS7 does not have to be a dry sump. It is easily converted to a wet system. I actually see GM doing this car. After all, they are doing a supervette that is a blown version of the Z06. This car would wipe the new E63's (replaces the E55) ***.

Don't get me wrong, I love the E55 and have been looking at one lately. I have driven the silver one at Park Place and was very impressed. In a straight line its on the hills of my car. The new E63 may have more power but does not blow the E55 away with it. The E55 is a lot of coin for a car that will be second fiddle for a few dollars more. Still a hard decision between them.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Actually I have read in more than one place that the F-Body's LS1 was tuned down because GM did not want the car to out perform its "flagship" 'Vette.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

It had nothing to do with out perform. They did not want anything with a higher horsepower rating for some reason. Back in the 60's they made many cars with higher HP ratings than the vette. I really believe this just a myth. Look at Porsche. They don't care who has more HP you better have enough to get the job done because once a curve comes its all over. That is the mentality of the vette. Who cares if there are faster 1/4mi cars. Thats what the f-body and g-body platforms were for. The vette was to go road racing with. I would like to see a GNX do a road course. They didn't then and they don't now. Ever hear of the Corvette Challenge? It was for the C4 vettes because they were outlawed everywhere because no one could compete. There is more to life than 1/4 mi runs although those are easier to do.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

I don't think I would want to take any corners in a C1, C2, or C3. Even the C4 would be a bit iffy. C5 or C6 now that is another story. Those things could out-corner just about anything on the road.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

WTF? I did not start this thread to compare my car against $200k cars much less anything else. The Corvette is CHEVY's crown jewel but like everything else it is a compromise of sorts. I will not even try to debate 70's cars. They all sucked. Nothing does all things GREAT but the Z does all things very well. Outclassed? Your shitting me, right? For what dollar amount? I would be more than happy to "carve up" some twisties with my C5Z and you and your BMW. Lets go to PR anytime. The BMW M will not even be close and I will let you start first. Even most Ferraris cannot beat the C5Z. AMG? Few. Buggatti? Glad to be compared to a $1m car. I am honored with my lowly C5Z. The vette is not about just drag racing. Why can't anyone get this? Ever see Porsche brag about 1/4mi times only? Never. What year and model is your BMW? Regardless, I think Caddy should build the LS7 CTS-V. Then if the f-body does come back it will stand a better chance of getting the LS7.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

The C4 vette can take some curves. Way better than the last f-body. You just need to know how to drive in more than a straight line.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Eric, I am with you on most of what you are saying. Dollar for dollar I would take a ZO6 over just about any current high performance car on the road today. Can't say the same about the C1-3 though (except as an investment). I would love to see Cadillac make the CTS-V into the ultimate road course car, it should be. A Cadillac is always > a Chevy, and always has been. Why GM won't let the car be the ultimate is beyond me. I used to own Cadillacs (plural) and have forgotten more about the history of them than most people on this board will ever know. But it is all in the hands of GM now and NO ONE knows what in the hell they are thinking or doing.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can see the CTS-V getting the LS7 because afterall didn't they put it in the previous year also? As for the vette discussion it isn't just a Chevy Flagship car, it is a GM flagship car, and I am sure that some of the previous cars were killed off due to numbers on paper compared to the vette. Look at the C4 vettes they put out, with the exception of the ZR-1 (I think that is what it was) the GNX had it beat on paper, on a track it could have been a little different. They weren't all that fast, for their time maybe, but they had put out faster cars from what I have seen. From what I understand talking about another cars death the Fiero was killed off in part by the vette team as well, after seeing them demo on the track against eachother and seeing the Fiero out handle it the Vette team was pissed and pushed for it to be killed. Back in the mid 60's DeLorean had a car he wanted to put out that he had dubbed/codenamed the "Banshee" that in every aspect was going to kill the Vette, and in 65' GM told him no and instead told him to help develope the F-body and forget about his car.

I can understand GM wanting to keep the Vette at the top but to keep other cars from coming even close to it is a little silly. If they were to downgrade it into a V6 with a turbo or something rediculous like that people would still buy them. They are almost like BMW in my opinion, it is just a status thing, if it were over priced people would still buy the things...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by howierd42
Actually I have read in more than one place that the F-Body's LS1 was tuned down because GM did not want the car to out perform its "flagship" 'Vette.
Was not detuned they just said a lower hp figure to make people buying vettes happy to have more hp...
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Admit it Eric you are wrong

GM made it VERY clear why the GNX was killed along with the others when they wnet down. No big deal and it is very under standable. I mean hell look at how upset you are getting at the though of it back then it was real!

Quick Reply: 2007 Cts-v???