Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EGR Question

My EGR Sensor is fully of black carbon buildup. Is there any way to disassemble the EGR off my 99 WS6 so I can clean the sucker thoroughly? I can take it off and use a small wire brush and some nitro solvent to clean out the little hole but that's about all I can get to. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Is it not functioning correctly? You could get rid of it alltogether very easily if thats an option.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Well the “service engine soon” light recently came on so I took it to AutoZone and they ran the programmer on it and it came up under an EGR error code. Is it an advantage to have it on since it sends unburned exhaust back to the engine to be burned or will taking it off help the engine breathe better. Or is it a disadvantage to take it off?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id rather have it off, but it wont give you a noticible difference in anything. just less weight in your car+ cleaner looking engine bay. if you want your engine code to go away you'd hafto get the egr fixed or tuned out.