Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Black Lugnut Caps

Old 07-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Lugnut Caps

Someone either stole it or it fell off, but I lost one of my black plastic screw-on caps that goes over the lug nuts on my '02 Formula..

Any idea where to pick up a few of these (without having to buy a whole set of lugnuts too)?

Thanks.

DWS
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Take one and go to the dealer but be prepared to pay $3-4 each. I was missing two when I got my 02 TA last month and I searched Ebay but could not find the exact type that was on mine. I paid like $3.50 each; when I paid the parts guy I just stared at him and said "you gotta be shitin' be $3.50 each for a tiny piece of plastic?" He just smiled at me when I handed him a $10 bill..........................

If you find a better source let me know I would like to replace all of mine with new ones.......but not at $3.50 each!!
Old 07-21-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

For one or two you're better off just bending over at the dealer, but if you want to get a few more SLP might be a good place to look ( www.slponline.com ).
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
For one or two you're better off just bending over at the dealer, but if you want to get a few more SLP might be a good place to look ( www.slponline.com ).

I checked them out also but the black plastic set they sell are not like the ones on my TA. Their's have the recessed area on the face and the ones on my car are not recessed and somewhat more shiny.

I am not too concerned with mine cause I am looking at new rims on the horizon here pretty soon.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
Old 07-21-2006, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might could try a local tire and wheel shop. you would be surprised at what they keep.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

On ebay they have chrome GM 20 lugs for 30 shipped for our 4th gens stock wheels that won't fall off.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i paid like $8 at a local tire shop for a bag of 20 brand new chrome lug covers when i only needed a few for my old chrome 10 spoke rims.

go to a local "hole in the wall" shop, like blue 98Z said, you'd be suprised.

i have a few black ones from my S10 that i used to have. i'll take a picture of them tomarrow and post 'em if they're the right ones you need i'll send 'em to ya!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MY02REDWS6TA
I checked them out also but the black plastic set they sell are not like the ones on my TA. Their's have the recessed area on the face and the ones on my car are not recessed and somewhat more shiny.

I am not too concerned with mine cause I am looking at new rims on the horizon here pretty soon.
Mine are also different (without the recessed area) than the ones I found at SLP or Advance Auto Parts.

I guess I could replace them all with a set of the new ones......however you have to pay $30 total because they sell the lug nuts with them.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 AM
12 Second Club

You'd be better off just getting a hole new set of lug nuts that don't use the plastic caps. It will also look a lot nicer.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MY02REDWS6TA
Take one and go to the dealer but be prepared to pay $3-4 each. I was missing two when I got my 02 TA last month and I searched Ebay but could not find the exact type that was on mine. I paid like $3.50 each; when I paid the parts guy I just stared at him and said "you gotta be shitin' be $3.50 each for a tiny piece of plastic?" He just smiled at me when I handed him a $10 bill..........................

If you find a better source let me know I would like to replace all of mine with new ones.......but not at $3.50 each!!
Just so you know, dealers dont set the price. We are just middle men that sell it for G.M. I see rediculous prices all day long. Prices are set high because of warrenty claims in the sevice department. But 98% of our buisness is shops, not the public. Most of the time the public is a pain in the ***, cause they shouldn't be working on their own car. You need to make friends with a parts guy or mechanic and get his or her discount. Thats what i do for all my friends.

Just so you know: retail is $7.23, list is 4.08, and my cost is $2.65.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRANSAM75
Just so you know, dealers dont set the price. We are just middle men that sell it for G.M. I see rediculous prices all day long. Prices are set high because of warrenty claims in the sevice department. But 98% of our buisness is shops, not the public. Most of the time the public is a pain in the ***, cause they shouldn't be working on their own car. You need to make friends with a parts guy or mechanic and get his or her discount. Thats what i do for all my friends.

Just so you know: retail is $7.23, list is 4.08, and my cost is $2.65.

I totally understand and agree that the dealer doesnt set the price but what I dont understand is why there is no consistency between dealers for the exact same part? I called three different dealers in my area for this little cap and I got three different prices. I assume this has somewhat to do with the size of the dealership and the amount of profit they need to make off of parts they sell to the general public? Maybe you can explain this to me. I would really like to know. This isnt the first time I have encountered this price difference on a part between dealers. I look forward to your reply.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

You are exactly correct. It all depends on what the dealer thinks they can get away with selling to the public. Some dealers look at gross profit and some look at how many parts they can sell and get price breaks from G.M. on bulk orders. I've got a dozen dealers i deal with, and they all sell at different prices to the public. Its all what ever the owner wants to make for profit.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

oreilly has a knockoff for 1.60 a piece...
Old 07-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TRANSAM75
You are exactly correct. It all depends on what the dealer thinks they can get away with selling to the public. Some dealers look at gross profit and some look at how many parts they can sell and get price breaks from G.M. on bulk orders. I've got a dozen dealers i deal with, and they all sell at different prices to the public. Its all what ever the owner wants to make for profit.

Thanks for the confirmation on that. So it obviously pays to call around to different dealers for the same part. Let that be a lesson for all of us! Or make a friend in the parts department!!! LOL...
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02FormulaKCMO
Someone either stole it or it fell off, but I lost one of my black plastic screw-on caps that goes over the lug nuts on my '02 Formula..

Any idea where to pick up a few of these (without having to buy a whole set of lugnuts too)?

Thanks.

DWS
Yeah I lost one, also... I was going to try the local Junk Yard first.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the local mall parking lot for a Firebird
Old 07-25-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

… or you could be like me and make a friend at a dealership and get ALL your parts at cost.

Search this Thread