Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple queations on headers (I searched)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Couple queations on headers (I searched)

My real concern is how the heck do the headers connect to the ORY? I mean, the collectors on the headers are just a pipe and so is my SLP ORY. They just don't perform magic and I can't find any info on this. I'm sure it has something to do with buying some more stuff like flanges, but I need to know exactly what to get. Or do I just take it to a muffler shop and let them play with it. Do most people weld the ORY on or is something made where its bolted on? I'd like mine to be able to come off. Also, Can I use the old bolts if the new ones don't come with them? I'm sure its best to just pick up some new factory gaskets too.

Some more questions.....Can I pass if I got a hook up on emmisions? I know I'll pass the computer if I don't have any lights/codes, but i'm talking visual? I know I shouldn't be able to pass visually as they are LTs and no cats though. I also want to get rid of my EGR and AIR inwhich they will be tuned out as well as the rear O2s. Does the inspector know if I should have that emmissions stuff? The computer won't read it by the tune. Oh, if they are tuned out, can they be tuned back in if needed?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:26 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One post will do.