Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Can I hear some of everyone's experiences with this tire please? What kind of traction do they provide for dead stop launches. Do they have acceptable wet traction? What kind of treadlife did they get for you daily drivers? I could be getting some 285/40-17, 315/35-17s one day. Perhaps I may win the lottery or strike oil on some unclaimed piece of land?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Dont expect them to dead hook. They won't. They do have what I would call very good straight line traction but dont expect them to be D.R.'s. Cornering is kickass with these on. Wet traction is one of the best tires I have ever driven on. Even with a 315 on the back of my V8 it has better wet traction than the 225's I have on the back of my V6. They are excellent at resisting hydroplaning. Basically you are trading some dry handling for the top notch wet handling. Excellent all around tire. People are getting anywhere from 20k to 30k miles on them. I have about 2k on mine and they show little to no wear.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

I had some on my 'Stang. They hooked very well. But what I was really happy about was its wet-traction. These are one of the best, if not the best, tires on the market for wet traction. They are the best all-around tire in their class and they looking freakin' sweet. As for the wear, I had almost 10K on the tires before I sold them and I wasn't noticing that much wear at all.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chino_man279
Dont expect them to dead hook. They won't. They do have what I would call very good straight line traction but dont expect them to be D.R.'s. Cornering is kickass with these on. Wet traction is one of the best tires I have ever driven on. Even with a 315 on the back of my V8 it has better wet traction than the 225's I have on the back of my V6. They are excellent at resisting hydroplaning. Basically you are trading some dry handling for the top notch wet handling. Excellent all around tire. People are getting anywhere from 20k to 30k miles on them. I have about 2k on mine and they show little to no wear.

I second that....the only drawback is the price, but it is worth every penny!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaro z28 #2
Can I hear some of everyone's experiences with this tire please? What kind of traction do they provide for dead stop launches. Do they have acceptable wet traction? What kind of treadlife did they get for you daily drivers? I could be getting some 285/40-17, 315/35-17s one day. Perhaps I may win the lottery or strike oil on some unclaimed piece of land?

They have the rated best wet traction...but for drag racing...not going to measure up to the Nitto's and others

I use them and love them..hang the cost they are great for DD and canyon carving..and when it rains....they hook up just the same
Old 07-23-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1TechRulez
I second that....the only drawback is the price, but it is worth every penny!
yep what he said

Quick Reply: Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3