Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric water pumps

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric water pumps

Any one have a meziere electric water pump? Bloody expensive but it sounds like they add a few hp (5-10?)

I was wondering how they work in really cold conditions. It seems like there would be much more water flowing at idle than with a normal water pump where flow rate is related to rpm.

Do cars with them have problems coming up to temperature when operated in really cold conditions (i.e., near freezing).?
Old 07-23-2006, 01:49 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Horsepower? No not really. It will free power that you already had up due to parasitic belt loss. Do a search and you will find more information.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it would not take long to heat up with the right thermostat in/stock fan settings . it didnt even make my car cooler till i got a lower temp thermostat and lowered my fan settings. the electic flows at a constant rate i beleive of 55 40 or 35 depending on the model. i did notice the improvement in power/response with the ewp install. 5-10hp more at the wheels due to less parasitic loss sounds about right to me.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

the engine will heat up just the same, with the eWP or the mWP. when the engine gets warm enough to open the thermostat, then we have a different story. the eWP will move more water at idle than the mWP, so it will circulate through the radiator more quickly, thus, cooling the engine more quickly to the point where the thermostat closes.