Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics!

Ok well, this is my first time buffing the car, and hand waxing and scrubbing just wasn't cutting getting out swirls ( still have mounds and mounds of them) but I used Migs Gold Class Wash, and followed up with Liquid Turtle hi-gloss for the waxing.. I do not have a speed setting buffer, its a simple pull the trigger and go..Anyways..Suggestions?

Old 07-23-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

badasssss man

u should paint ur wheels like mine, would look killer
Old 07-23-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks amazing...

and on painting the rims black...DONT DO IT...i like black on black and all (mine was black on black for a year) but i just picked up some bling for mine and DAMN did i waste a year of my cars life with black wheels
Old 07-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the compliments guys. If i change them, it will be a set of c6 chromes going on it.

But anyways, Any advice on buffing, waxing or polishing?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Looks awesome!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

I like it. Those whiteouts look great on the black.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Originally I didn't have the white-outs I had the stockers on it, but they cracked and kept shooting my blinker bulbs and melting the housing so I had to put the aftermarkets in there, and personally I love them.

Thanks for the comments all, glad to know someone else likes the car besides me, Parents want to sell it, brother hates it, and girlfriend doesn't particularly think its princess elizabeth..
Old 07-23-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Great job!! the car is lookin sick!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoa, those swirlmarks are nasty! #2 and #5.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to leave some advice. If you want, you can try ScratchX by hand. If you have an orbital buffer, use some Optimum Compound/Polish because it has a LONG work time (I've never seen it dust...).
Old 07-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Launching!

I've tried stratchx by hand, and have absolutely polished with that until i was soaking wet with sweat, sore, and exhausted to the point my mouth was dry... Nothing really helped, so i suppose that means I have the demon-swirls? But, Could anyone give me an idea on what kinda polish to look for to get, what kinda buffer pads (I have an orbital buffer), also when I wax my car with the liquid hi-gloss, it takes like 4 hours to get it all off and then some perfecting it.... I buffed the car for like an hour (taking breaks ) but I still had to hand do it for like 3hours to get the crap off... Is this normal or am I just screwing up somehow?? I'm very clueless on this, haven't had any experiencing doing this kinda stuff... My first car, i'm 16.. (most people flame me for that and say i'll wreck the car, but I've already gotten 2 tickets for stuff I didn't deserve, so I just take it slow make sure I leave early if i have a deadline, and don't give the cops any reason at all to pull me over ) anyways...Help on this please? I hate having a dirty car, and the swirls and spider webs must leave...