Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Issues. Again. (Deleted previous thread.)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Issues. Again. (Deleted previous thread.)

From previous thread about clutch fluid boiling near the headers:
Originally Posted by wrencher
I use that tape & a length of heater hose.
Slit the hose down the side the full length, & use it to insulate the line as well.
What kind of problems you having exactly, with what clutch set-up?
Ah, good idea. What type of hose did you use? (like what width fit snug)

Edit: I checked and my fluid is still clear, so that may not be the problem like I thought... anyway...

The set up is a Textralia oz700 installed last Fall. New slave with the kit, and I just recently replaced the master with an 02, and did the drill mod.

The problem I'm having is when its hot out and the cars been sitting the pedal is very soft, not spongy, just very little pressure, it works, but the car responds poorly. Which goes away with a little driving. But, backing up at an angle, I get horrible chatter if I dont give it an excessive amount of gas and do it in spurts. Which it never did before. I've also had 2 cases where the entire car studdered while in gear. Once after easing in to it around a turn, and the other after downshifting. Sometimes I can even hear the clutch disengage like a small clunk when I press the pedal... hmm what else. Ah, the rpm's stick around 1500 when the pedal is on the floor and the car is out of gear until I come to a crawl or a stop. It still grips on hard acceleration, but once in a while it doesnt and is not as responsive as it should be. I dont get a slip really, like the rpms dont go up and then it grabs, it just doesnt have the response and power that it used to. My puttin' around town is really when I notice all the little things... makes for a real shitty drive. I cant even keep my stereo on, im too busy listening for all those little problems, with hopes of figuring out what it is.

Oh also... the driveshaft was smacking in to my borla xr1 muffler. But a good few nice dings in it. It shouldnt be touching anymore, and the muffler has been on since January, so this was a more recent thing, which I think happend when i went over a speed bump, but i really dont know for sure. I went to an exhaust shop and they suggested getting a smaller bullet style muffler, or relocating it. But also said that it really shouldnt hit it anymore, it sort of made its own clearance. haha

If you have any other questions, shoot away. I'll check back frequently. Hopefully someone can help me out a little... and thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T.t.t.