Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

NHRA Finals from Seattle on at 5:00 on ESPN2

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NHRA Finals from Seattle on at 5:00 on ESPN2

Who"s tuning in? I'll be watching some. I know Ellis and Steph will be watching in person. God it must be hot in the pits.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

I'm tuning in!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Just about to start. For those that have it, it's on ESPN2 & ESPN2 HD.

I got the window shaker pumpin cool air in the TV room and just cracked a nice cold O'Douls.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

well we actually left early. It was way to hot and everyone I like to watch except the Old man was out.

You have not seen it yet but JF goes out first round
Old 07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I just saw that John went out in the first...

I went on Friday and had a blast... got John to autograph a hat & picture for me and shook his hand. Hell of a guy and racer...

Friday is the day to go... less crowds, drivers are more approachable and wanting to chat with fans. But it was VERY hot on Friday too... I was dying.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rokko
I got the window shaker pumpin cool air in the TV room and just cracked a nice cold O'Douls.
O'Douls??? That's what my sister is drinking... I'm switching between Killian's, Coors Light, and margaritas!

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
got John to autograph a hat & picture for me and shook his hand. Hell of a guy and racer...
He is an ******* that is only good for medi sometimes... He barely even knows his own daughters and is the cockiest guy ever. Awesome racer but total *******!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep, watching in Hi-Def, Wide Screen, Dolby Surround Sound and A/C at 69*. It dosen't get much better. Even took the Z06 out for a couple shake down passes. Will post results later.
Robert
Old 07-23-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, he seemed decent to me... I mean hell, there were only like 6 or 7 of us outside his trailer looking at his car, so not much of a PR opportunity for him. But he came out, chatted for a few minutes, took some pictures with people if they wanted them (wish I had my camera, dammit!) signed whatever people wanted him to sign...and I nearly got pissed at one guy who brought like 10 things for him to sign... figured he'd get irritated, and that was the guy he signed stuff for right before me... and all I had was a hat & pic, but he was cool about it.

Someone asked him what his strategy would be for the next qualifying round, and he was honest... said the track was starting to cool down a little, maybe it was time to open it up a little more, get a little dangerous. So at least he acknowledged the question.

I did see Schumacher come out and make an appearance while I was watching his crew guys getting his car ready... I wasn't as impressed. He didn't really say a whole lot, he was kind of looking everwhere but at the fans he was signing stuff for, only popped out for maybe 2 minutes before leaving again, etc.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
I don't think I would classify Force as an *******. Dedicated and committed to winning yes but I have talked to him several times at different tracks and he was always approachable and down to earth. I think the reality show will ruin his image because he is hard on his daughters. Don't know if thats real or just TV. Hight is out now and I heard earlier that the true whiner (Bazemore) wins.
I agree, that show is going to hurt John. My brother has 2 daughters & can relate to what he goes thru. But when you're dedicated to your work like John is (Boeing, Microsoft, US Army, wherever) you miss out on your kids growing up. He wants his daughters to take over his business, which is understandable. He just needs to realize you can't force your kid to do anything. A mistake FAR TOO MANY parents make!!!

As for the racing aspect, I'm a Jonh Force Fan for life! He makes it fun.

We saw a ton of cars on Saturday. Damn the Super Street & Super Gas classes are freakin huge. Must have been 70 cars in each of them. Ricks buddy Chris went out 1st round with a 9.91 against a 9.90 car. Both cut .0x lights. Watching the 10.90 class gave me hope. There were a bunch of cars cutting .09 + lights and running 11.0. Maybe next year....
Old 07-24-2006, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
A Glidden tuned car is going to the finals in Pro Stock. I wonder if he is spraying this one too. I'm sure the NHRA is checking.

Well BOB Glidden never sprayed his car and as a matter of fact turned his kidds in for running it in IHRA

He was King untill the Spraying ,snorting dodge boys took over in the 90s.

Next time we all get together I will dig out the old NHRA tapes. Watching those with John blowing stuff up every round and Bob Glidden slicing up the competion was good times
Old 07-24-2006, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

I thought the NHRA said it was OK for Glidden to spray so his Fords could keep up with Da Grump?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I thought the NHRA said it was OK for Glidden to spray so his Fords could keep up with Da Grump?
HAHA!!

Any body see my cousins pits by Force? Orange Yenko clone, black Calais, and the Super Comp car... I guess everybody that went by asked if the Yenko was real or not. He said he almost made a sign for the car that said 'This car is a Yenko clone'.

As far as Force I was going off what I've heard over the years from the people around him all the time at the track.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Hey, I remember seeing that Yenko in the pits... I was telling my friend "I hope that's a clone, because i don't think I'd be racing it if it wasn't... a little too collectible for that."
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

yup saw the clone
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

After It has been all said and done, I think that this year was the best ever! And if ANY of us were trying to prepare our doughters for big time dragracing Im pretty sure we would all be tough on them. just my two cents. And after this year I will not go back next year unless there is some shade some where,......ANYWHERE!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

I was there friday and sunday all day, it was a really fun weekend. I went back to see some of the test day today, kinda kool, very relaxed.

I saw the yenko clone too... kinda cool.