Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Car will NOT go into gear, inside please to help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car will NOT go into gear, inside please to help!!

Here is the background to the story. I had a Textralia clutch put in approximately a month ago, drove it aroudn 1,000 miles under normal driving loads, no problems at all, couldnt have been happier. After that 1,000 miles, I take it to the 1/4 mile strip and put 9 passes on it "lightly" dumping the clutch. Towards the end of the passes, the car was getting progressivly harder and harder to get into gear. On the drive back (its about an hour from my house) it was just getting harder and harder. Couple days later its damn near impossible to get the car into ANY gear and the clutch engages almost IMMEDIATLEY off the floorboard, i mean its instant. I have the car sitting right now as i am driving something else, what could this be? I have heard suggesting bleeding the clutch, anyone else have any ideas, thanks!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked the fluid level? Check to see if its dark or if its even there. Since you have LT's, the line that runs from the slave to the master could be sitting too close to the headers, boiling the fluid. Happened to me once, I ended up replacing the master and that line. Heatwrapped the line and started running DOT4 fluid and havent had any problems since then.

Thats where I would start.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Have you checked the fluid level? Check to see if its dark or if its even there. Since you have LT's, the line that runs from the slave to the master could be sitting too close to the headers, boiling the fluid. Happened to me once, I ended up replacing the master and that line. Heatwrapped the line and started running DOT4 fluid and havent had any problems since then.

Thats where I would start.
Ya, i checked that fluid today and its got plenty of fluid. Ive have the LT's on for over a year and never had that happen until now so i *doubt* thats it Thanks though for the response!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone else?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my slave went bad in mine it was stuck halfway through its travel.. did you get a new slave along with the clutch? stockers suck.. when i did my clutch/flywheel install i got a new master and slave.. this car is probly one of the hardest to get the air out of the lines.. and before you go tearing into anything is your master adjustable maybe it moved or needs adjusting..
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definately try bleeding before doing anything else, and if the slave wasnt replaced more than likely thats your problem, but if it was then its your master. Start by bleeding it, and if that doesnt work replace the slave/master.

Or, it your pressure plate bolts are coming loose, doubtful but possible.