Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

modded evo

Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modded evo

i saw an 04ish cobra (if they made them, im not too good with mustangs) and a later version evo on the highway tonight and decided to see what was faster...the cobra didnt play he just took the next exit, but the evo wanted to play...put it in 5th to rev a little and grab his attention and he followed....got to an open spot and i downshift and took off....got about 6 cars but he wasnt in gear yet so i slow down to even it out a little...anyways we eventually are neck and neck in 4th and go and i pulled SLOWLY on him until i think it was his rev limiter i heard...i was only at 6k maybe...i pulled maybe 1 car on him...that was 1 of the closest ive seen to my car...he had 3 heads and my car is still full weight...so i stop at a gas station to check it out and it turned out he said it dynoed at 333hp to all wheels...i dont know what thats equal to for rear wheels but i have almost double that and he had a cam, exhaust, intercooler piping upgrade and a boost controller w/ 19-23#....not bad for a 4 door...
at least they were pretty cool too...they didnt get pissy cause i got 600 horse like some other kids i raced did....they threw drinks out their window at me and spit at my car...luckily they missed
anyways it was fun and i give that car respect cause it hauled *****
Old 07-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Good kill bud.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill.

You've got to respect these turbo cars these days. I dont think people realize how fast Evo's and SRT4's can be. They are both nasty little cars.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Good kill.

You've got to respect these turbo cars these days. I dont think people realize how fast Evo's and SRT4's can be. They are both nasty little cars.
Just because they can be made fast does not make them nice cars by any means.

Hence the reason they don't get the "respect" from a lot of people, including myself.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Good kill.

The SRT's will really be interesting when a full stand alone gets released, like AEM EMS. It wasn't out last time I checked. I also like that they have some extra displacement when compared to the EVO. I still love the EVO's AWD though
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon

Hence the reason they don't get the "respect" from a lot of people, including myself.
Have you ridden in either one of those cars? They both have nice build quality and are comfortable. As far as comfort wise, I'd say they have the F Body beat hands down.

Personally, I think they are both nice cars, IMO they look good and they can perform great. I dont want to drive one, but I respect both of them and wouldn't be suprised if either one of them showed me the tail lights.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

i havent been beat yet....luckily....but i know an evo w/ about 450 hp from what my friends say....i cant wait to see that race....that evo i raced ran 12.1 which is pretty good against my 12.3...but my car isnt at its full potential for the track yet...i still havent added my drs ...hopefully i can hit a 1.7 60' that will shoot me in the low 11s...and when i shift faster i might get in the 10s
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68ss_00ss_87_95
i havent been beat yet....luckily....but i know an evo w/ about 450 hp from what my friends say....i cant wait to see that race....that evo i raced ran 12.1 which is pretty good against my 12.3...but my car isnt at its full potential for the track yet...i still havent added my drs ...hopefully i can hit a 1.7 60' that will shoot me in the low 11s...and when i shift faster i might get in the 10s
With the kind of power you're making, I think you're alot faster than a 12.1. From a roll, I imagine you're gonna have trouble finding alot of cars that are gonna keep up.

Good kill and good luck with the car.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68ss_00ss_87_95
i saw an 04ish cobra (if they made them, im not too good with mustangs) and a later version evo on the highway tonight and decided to see what was faster...the cobra didnt play he just took the next exit, but the evo wanted to play...put it in 5th to rev a little and grab his attention and he followed....got to an open spot and i downshift and took off....got about 6 cars but he wasnt in gear yet so i slow down to even it out a little...anyways we eventually are neck and neck in 4th and go and i pulled SLOWLY on him until i think it was his rev limiter i heard...i was only at 6k maybe...i pulled maybe 1 car on him...that was 1 of the closest ive seen to my car...he had 3 heads and my car is still full weight...so i stop at a gas station to check it out and it turned out he said it dynoed at 333hp to all wheels...i dont know what thats equal to for rear wheels but i have almost double that and he had a cam, exhaust, intercooler piping upgrade and a boost controller w/ 19-23#....not bad for a 4 door...
at least they were pretty cool too...they didnt get pissy cause i got 600 horse like some other kids i raced did....they threw drinks out their window at me and spit at my car...luckily they missed
anyways it was fun and i give that car respect cause it hauled *****
333WHP Evo keeping up with a 600WHP Camaro?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I dont see how a 300 whp Evo can hang with a 600 hp car. My Evo had all the bolt ons, turboback exhaust, reflash (21 psi) cams, valvesprings (8K redline) lightweight flywheel etc and our Z06 would still pull it pretty good after 4th gear.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

You know nothing about Evos, please dont say another thing about them. Also, you are completely wrong about the EVO not getting any respect.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tsiguy
The SRT's will really be interesting when a full stand alone gets released, like AEM EMS. It wasn't out last time I checked. I also like that they have some extra displacement when compared to the EVO. I still love the EVO's AWD though
I am pretty sure a stand alone does exist for the SRT-4, but I think it is like 1k or something.

Originally Posted by
You know nothing about Evos, please dont say another thing about them. Also, you are completely wrong about the EVO not getting any respect.
Don't worry about that guy, he is a huge ricer.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Evo's can be incredable cars. AMS just hit the 1000whp mark with one. The 4G63T block is one of the stronger factory blocks on the market. For a 4cyl they can handle an insane amount of power from the factory. I love EVO's almost as much as I love the F-body's.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I am pretty sure a stand alone does exist for the SRT-4, but I think it is like 1k or something.
Well, it looks like I am a few months behind the ball. AEM released a system. Thank you for the info.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DANS LS1
I don't respect it, and neither does anyone else who has any taste in cars. Get over it.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson

Don't worry about gloveperson. He's a flaming homo riceboy who drives a riced out piece of **** 4 bangin angry bees swarming STI (sexually transmitted infection).

Yet he claims American muscle cars are rice
Old 07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't respect it, and neither does anyone else who has any taste in cars. Get over it.
I agree. With all of the great looking cars out there (The new Charger and Mustangs to name a couple) that can be made to be very fast, why someone would spend $30K+ then more money to modify a gay *** EVO or STi (SRT4's aren't quite as bad) is beyond me. Sorry, but IMO the only car that looks good with a huge *** wing is the Superbird.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

Personally, I respect anything thats fast. Whether it's a Fbody, or a car based on a Neon...... . Anyone can be a "ricer", from someone in an Fbody, to someone in a car based on a Neon......
Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Don't worry about gloveperson. He's a flaming homo riceboy who drives a riced out piece of **** 4 bangin angry bees swarming STI (sexually transmitted infection).

You can't possibly have an education.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Awww..he made a "funny". About me! He remembered me! Yes!

Middle School...go to it.

Originally Posted by DD966
I agree. With all of the great looking cars out there (The new Charger and Mustangs to name a couple) that can be made to be very fast, why someone would spend $30K+ then more money to modify a gay *** EVO or STi (SRT4's aren't quite as bad) is beyond me. Sorry, but IMO the only car that looks good with a huge *** wing is the Superbird.
Well, I bought mine since I couldn't have two cars anymore (the LS1 and the Buick), yet I still needed a car that could get me around in the snow. The STi does that a lot better than the Camaro ever would have. I also have have been having a lot of fun with the car in autox and am learning how to do road racing, something my Camaro (and the Charger+Mustang would get *destroyed* at by the STi).

And FWIW, the EVO IX, with 1000 dollars in mods will run consistent 11's @ 114~. Don't underestimate them, they are a huge improvement over the STi/EVO IIX in the ability to mod them. Stock for stock, they even trap as high as stock LS1's out there.

Last edited by Gloveperson; 07-27-2006 at 10:44 AM.

Search this Thread