Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back to stock, need to UN-INSTALL headers, any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going back to stock, need to UN-INSTALL headers, any advice?

Hey guys, the time has finally come to part with my baby. Cash is tight and I can't afford to have 2 cars anymore

I don't want to sell the car with the headers because I know I have a better a chance of recouping my money from them by selling them separately. Anyways, I'm about to uninstall them tomorrow and was just wondering if anybody had any tips. I'll be pulling them the same way I installed them, on jackstands in my garage.

I've been reading some threads but they are few and far between. From what I can tell, the driver side headers is a bigger pain in the *** coming out than going in.

BTW, if anyone is interested, they are Kooks LTs (1 3/4") with ORY. The have less than 15,000 miles on them.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:23 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should have noticed how big of a pita they were when you installed them. Just jack it up as high as you can get it! 3' or 4' is ideal. What kind of price are we looking at here?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Launching!

The second one to ask that question. What kind of price are we looking at here?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry guys, here is my thread in the for sale section of all the parts I'm selling. I don't have any pics yet obviously since they aren't off the car yet, but they are perfect. They have never been scraped or dented.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...36#post5240536

This thread wasn't intended to actually sell the headers, but thanks for the interest. I've already recieved 5 pms from this thread alone!

BTW orangepeel, the Kooks slid in like butter once I got the car high enough. I'm just curious as to why so many have more trouble getting them off the car than actually putting them on.

I'll let you all know when they are ready for sale. I'd like to polish em up real nice before I ship 'em.