Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Energy suspension motor mounts or prothane

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Energy suspension motor mounts or prothane

What is the difference between them? Will either one place the engine lower that the other? I have the energy suspension mounts now but, I was thinking about sending then back for the prothane's. They don't even have the bolts for the clamshells included. Do the prothane's come with all the hardware? These energy suspension mounts look like they might raise the engine a little, but that is the opposite of what I need to gain clearance for my x-pipe. Any input is appreciated. My motor is sitting on a floor jack so I need to decide quickly and I definetely don't want to do this job twice. Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell me you searched around on this first?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Energy doesnt make them year specific for our cars. Pre 97 they do but not 98-02. Prothane does have a mount kit or trans and engine. Prothane does come with all the hardware yes. Part number 7-1908 is their engine and trans set

Gees Orange. There isnt that much info about mounts who makes and who doesnt. Theres a slew of info on installing.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I searched and could not find any info comparing these mounts. I thought that these energy suspension mounts look just like one's I put on a third gen. The main thing I need to make sure of is if these mounts are not year specific then will they fit good and more importantly will they raise the engine height. With a 3'' x-pipe there is not much room. Thanks for the input 8GTOKLR

Quick Reply: Energy suspension motor mounts or prothane