Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

protecting paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default protecting paint

hey guys. well, ever since i got my car. the paint has been going to crap...i know i know. not good. it has so many swirls in it and its just damn emberassing. i bought some Meguiars products and will go to town on the car. (3 step system) but i am heavily considering going the wetsanding route. i have a friend who owns a body shop and he says that he will wetsand the car for 100 bucks. i am awry of this option due to what i have read on here: diminished clearcoat, less protection from uv, etc. but he said that he will get all the swirls out and that the car will look like black glass ! i would love this, because well, my car would look good! lol what do you guys think. should i go this route or just use the Meguiars products first? also, if i do get the car wetsanded, how do i keep it from getting so scratched? please give me your insight and tips folks, i really need it! and my baby needs it even more. thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Launching!

id just do meguiars first, even if it doesnt help much its not like it takes that much of it to do your car you would have plenty left for later after your friend wetsands it, and heck if y ou get lucky and you are pleased with the megiuars results you still have that 100 bux to spend on more meguiars
Old 07-26-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

if your buddy is realy gonna do it RIGHT...if he does a good job...go for it! $100 bucks is a hell of a deal but it concernes me as well, cuz in most cases like this, you get what you pay for...BUT as i said if he is going to do a good job go for it

Quick Reply: protecting paint