Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC people, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D1SC people, need some advice.

Well so far ive decided on a D1SC, sitting around waiting to be installed, and a forged 370 motor, should be ready any day now. Now i need to start looking at heads and cam. Id like to hear from the supercharger people, what heads do you run and are happy with. What heaads do you wish you bought? Im looking to make big power on pump gas. Ill need a 72cc head to get to 8.8-8.9 compression. I dont wanna run on the ragged edge of blowing up, but i dont mind pushing stuff a lil.

Baically im asking for help in picking the rest of my parts. Ill be running the twin procharger intercoolers for now but go to a quality front mount setup middle of next year. id like to not have to worrya bout having meth to spray, i wanna fill it with 93 (up to 10% ethanol) and drive it. Plans are for it to be a strip car that i drive on the street occasionally. Itll have a th400 and either 9" 12 bolt or D60 rearend, havnt decided that. Im assembling everything for an over winter build basically.

Any advice anyone can give me thats been down this road would be much appreciated.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would run AFR 66cc heads.For a D1 you really don't want the compression in the 8's.Mid 9's is alot better for midrange power.
Cam is a choice on where you want your power curve and also if you want a torque motor or a high hp queen.I prefer the average power route with a strong midrange.
So,I would do-

AFR 205's
228/234 .580/.580 at 114+2 Cam

Just an opinion,kick *** midrange with probly 650-700peak hp on pump.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

My #1 goal is minimal ETs, everything else comes second. Shoulda thrown that in the first post probably. I wanna be in KP's legue! Maybe make him sweat a lil! IM still the newbie on the block and wanna get some more advice before i keep forking over all my $.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
My #1 goal is minimal ETs, everything else comes second. Shoulda thrown that in the first post probably. I wanna be in KP's legue! Maybe make him sweat a lil! IM still the newbie on the block and wanna get some more advice before i keep forking over all my $.

Yep, you shoulda posted that in the first (you know you can go back and edit that in right?). And Slowhawk knows a little something something about FI, so its not like some shadetree tuner-wrench is throwing out his $.02

FWIW, I been contemplating a similar combo.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27

The engine build above would get it done. Bob
Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Then you definitely want 9.5-1 compression or even 10-1 compression.I would go ET performance 225 heads and stay with that Cam.Shift point's should be 7k rpm.Of course you'll need good gas at the track or run Meth.At the right weight 8's would be possible.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

F1R for the win
Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27

The engine build above would get it done. Bob
That project is coming along nicely Bob. Hope you don't mind if I follow your design when I install my FMIC, since it's exactly what I was thinking for my D. (or maybe you sell that as a kit now? )
Old 07-27-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Then you definitely want 9.5-1 compression or even 10-1 compression.I would go ET performance 225 heads and stay with that Cam.Shift point's should be 7k rpm.Of course you'll need good gas at the track or run Meth.At the right weight 8's would be possible.
I havent heard too much about the st performance heads, what sponsors sell em? Im guessing they are priced comparably to the AFRs? I wouldnt mind running a meth setup, id like to be able to run 93 for some street use. So this combo with a quality meth kit woud be safe, or should i really look at 100 or higher octane fuel for racing duties.

What kinda stall would i be looking at with this combo im guessing 3500-4000?

(oh and bob im also wondring if that front mount setup might become available as a kit also )
Old 07-28-2006, 04:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
That project is coming along nicely Bob. Hope you don't mind if I follow your design when I install my FMIC, since it's exactly what I was thinking for my D. (or maybe you sell that as a kit now? )
Yes, I recently sold ten kits at $850.00 ea. I am out of the custom mandrel bent plumbing, and am waiting on more to arrive. Thanks for inquiring. Bob
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 AM
10 Second Club

Cool, so can I assume $850 includes the inner cooler? Let me know when you have the stuff back in stock Bob.

BTW, do you sell the Snow Meth kits?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Is the FMIC setup on your website at all? Im intrested in deatails and its looking like my kit wont be going on till over winter so im thinking ill just get it all done at once.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Cool, so can I assume $850 includes the inner cooler? Let me know when you have the stuff back in stock Bob.

BTW, do you sell the Snow Meth kits?
Yes, the $850 includes the intercooler. I'll let you know when we get more tubing. We don't currently carry the snow meth kits, I'll have to look into it. We've installed them, but don't sell them. Thanks for inquiring! Bob
Old 07-29-2006, 06:20 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Is the FMIC setup on your website at all? Im intrested in deatails and its looking like my kit wont be going on till over winter so im thinking ill just get it all done at once.
No, I don't have the intercooler kit on my website. I do have plenty of pic's I have taken as we have installed them, I just have to get some time to put them on the website. Bob

Quick Reply: D1SC people, need some advice.