Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a stock GTO..... with VID*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced a stock GTO..... with VID*

I was headed the other night when i saw this nice blue GTO roll by. I tailed for a bit but couldn't get next to him becuz he had an 2g eclipse on his flank. Found out later it was his wife!!

Anyways, i got sorta inpatient and swung on his left through the turning lane. He spend up and we ran tried to get a good run setup but we were n traffic. At the next light, he suddenly turned off followed by that eclipse. At this point, i was asking myself if it was really worth to turn around and go after this guy...

HELL YEAH! So i sung around and thought i lost him, had a slow *** minivan infront in a single lane street blocking my view. I saw that at the next intersection, i saw the same eclipse turn left, so as soon as i got a chance, passed the minivan and hauled after the GTO.

We FINALLY meet up, again, and we exchanged a few words. He turned on the next street, right, and i follow...

So, the race:
I was in second gear when i got up to his front bumper. WE were going maybe 30ish-40ish. My guess i was around 3k in 2nd gear or less. He counts off and we go. We hit and we were pretty much even through my second gear, i shift, chirp, and pull maybe a car on him. Chirp into fourth and pulled a bit more until i noticed he was letting off a bit.

At this point, i noticed this hump in my lane. I hit this **** going pretty quick. I was still WOT in fourth when i saw it. I let off, got some air, and landed....... smoothly? HUH?!! That was weird, i was expecting the car to shoot around but i kept the track foward and steady, of throttle, and she landed without a skip.

We went to a nearby fuel station and spoke for a bit. Him and his wife were cool ppl, which is hard to say with the typical folks down here in miami. They loved the car. They loved my carbon fiber engine covers!! His Goat was very clean... that blue is nice on the goats!!

So, we exchanged info, spoke about his autoXin group and said that i would be interested in meeting up.

Seriously, Al and his wife (cant remember her name for the life of me!!) are really stand up ppl!!

Here is a small vid he got off his stationary cam. Not bad vid, really, and FINALLY i get to here the way the V sounds from outside.

Enjoy, its not much but its something!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwHcXEdr3fk
Old 07-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Launching!

That was an 04 GTO? That was weird, all of a sudden it looks like you pull really hard.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

when you were airborn, did you hear a horn go " doo doo doo doo doodododo dodododooo"
Old 07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
when you were airborn, did you hear a horn go " doo doo doo doo doodododo dodododooo"
hahaha I think Rasco and Flash were waiting around the corner for him...Good kill dude.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

nah, its was a ls2 gto.. 2005 or 2006, not sure which one though. I know i hear him shift becuz he chipred his tires....

but not as loud as mine!!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by after dark
hahaha I think Rasco and Flash were waiting around the corner for him...Good kill dude.
*bows* thank you, thank you.....
Old 07-28-2006, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

He hung with you dead even through one gear and suddenly you pulled like you hit a 100 shot? Looks like he got out of the gas after the gear change. Nice kill though and your car sounds good.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah something isnt right with that vid, those cars should be a pretty good run for each other and whn you shifted you pulled like you had 100+ hp on him.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
nah, its was a ls2 gto.. 2005 or 2006, not sure which one though. I know i hear him shift becuz he chipred his tires....

but not as loud as mine!!

The GTO got out of the gas. The V is stock and I'll assume the GTO was to. Neck and neck, the V will shift sooner because of his 3.73's, it's obvious the GTO got out of it.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill man & your V sounds damn good

peace
Old 07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

nice kill, maybe i'll see u on the streets one of these days