Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Completley flushing the fluid out of your hydraulic system...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completley flushing the fluid out of your hydraulic system...

Ok I know this subject has been beaten to death and I've searched through many threads about it, and I've seen that there are several different methods for bleeding the system...

However, is there a method that anybody knows of that will let you completley flush the fluid from your hydraulic system? I guess what I'm curious about is the 'gravity bleeding method' some people were discussing in other threads...

I've got black grimey fluid in my resovior, and I wanted to try completley flushing it and getting it all out, replacing it with new and then I was just gonna go rent a Mity-vac to bleed the system once the new fluid is in there...

I've never messed with a hydraulic clutch in my life before so I guess I'm a little confused about all this....
Old 07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

i had the same muddy fluid in mine.

i replaced the master and slave so all i did was take everything out, disconnect everything on the table, and ran brakekleen through the steel line, and wiped the resivoir out with it.

but in your case, i think completely unhook the slave from the steel line, have a friend at the resivoir to pour new fluid in, and another down under the car to watch the line, and pump the clutch alot until theres all new fluid in the resivoir. then re attatch the line and bleed it.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Ok ... So basically by pumping the clutch, I am gonna flush all that fluid out of the line I removed from the slave?

I am gonna just do the mity-vac thing to bleed the system but I need to make sure I get it right getting the fluid flushed first...
Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

the easy way is the mity vac... but if youve had that kind of fluid in the system for awhile, your master may have gotten gunked up.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this thing worked pretty good for me. I just kinda opened the bleeder valve and pumped more through there, and then closed it whenever i was done.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=71
Old 07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

and you can run insecticide through the hydraulics

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
this thing worked pretty good for me. I just kinda opened the bleeder valve and pumped more through there, and then closed it whenever i was done.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=71
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Launching!

I tried the vac, but it didn't work that great. Really if you get under there, and have someone in the car the traditional bleed method isn,t that bad. Use a 7/16 1/4 drive socket. I was able to place the socket on the bleeder, and with the right angle get in there. Went through about four fills up top to make sure all the black fluid was out. good luck
Old 08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a really long bleeder extension from Steve-d on here, and that thing is a godsend when doing stuff like this, especially with the Earl's solo-bleeder on there. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth it.

Quick Reply: Completley flushing the fluid out of your hydraulic system...