Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Leaking Tranny Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Tranny Fluid

I walked out to my car after lunch and noticed a small puddle of fluid under the center of the car, looked like square under the console. Backed the car up and it smells like transmission fluid. I havent had a chance to get under the car yet, but I'm nervous as hell.

The car has been running great for the past few months after endless problems with the hydrolics.

What I'm confused about is I havent driven the car hard at all lately, no banging gears, no WOT runs, I don't even drop anything but 5th to pass unless absolutely necessary and I just noticed the fluid today. I park on clean concrete everynight so I would have noticed it if it had been doing it a while.

What gives? Any ideas on why this would start out of nowhere? I'm looking for some positive words and thoughts here. I'm really tired of having to drop the tranny. I'm on my 5th slave cylinder since I've bought the car last November. LT1 input shaft on a LS1 car FTL....
Old 07-28-2006, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

when you climb underneath there look at the output shaft. It could be coming out of there. I have started to notice a little fluid oozing out of there on mine. If it is i am pretty sure its just a seal to replace. Just my .02

Brent
Old 07-28-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input. I'm hoping its nothing more than a seal, its just hard to be optimistic after the luck I've had with the car thusfar, especially with the hydrolics and clutch.