Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dang Fords (Drag Team)

Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dang Fords (Drag Team)

Well, at this rate I think we can just give that big ol' trophy to them. They brought 25+ cars to the races again last night. We (NW F-body) had 9 cars, which was 2nd highest, but .......

Anyway, we got 5 cars into round 2, I made it into the 1/4 finals and slept (all the Fords were gone by then ), & Jonathon made it into the semis where he broke out.

The Camaro Club only had 3 cars, Don broke out it into the 1/4 finals & the other 2 made it into the semis. Larry DeCamp (CC) beat Kenny Okeefe in the finals.

I'll get the point totals up later, but FDT is #1, and NWFB is #2. Kenny is #1 (duh) & I think I got 2nd place back & Larry or Russ (Grand Prixs) should have 3rd, with the other one in 4th, while Jonathon is probably 5th. I'm guessing, but it should be close.

Congrats to ALL. It was a fun night....

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 07-29-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Default Woo-Hoo

Well Mark, our team is pleased to be in 1st place, however it does grate on us a bit that we bring many cars, yet once again, none of us even make it to the semi finals. Hats off to those that did go to the semi finals and beyond!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

It's a great rivalry, no doubt about that. I always have a blast at the track. Bullshitting with everybody and meeting more and more people on the Ford team it gets tougher to be against the enemy so to say. Good bunch of people on the Blue Oval Team.

Although I did nothing to help my team out. First Round Red Light Rick is my new name. I'm gonna quit trying to cut good lights and just get down the damned track.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah Kent, your team has really picked it up this year. Which makes it more fun IMO. I'm hoping my team can at least make a run at you guys over the last 3 races. But we will need more cars to show up, some luck, and have some of our cars to go deeper in the rounds like last night, & further if we hope to have a chance.

I'm also hoping our full-bore battle for the #1 spot in the NW (fastest car) comes together for the race at B-town on the 19th. Hopefully there will be several 10 sec cars battling it out in the background of the CCC race. I know of 6 that plan to be there.

WHEELS UP BABY!!!

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 07-30-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tylerb59
Can a Corvette join the Ford team?
Robert

Not.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah Doug, your team has really picked it up this year. Which makes it more fun IMO. I'm hoping my team can at least make a run at you guys over the last 3 races. But we will need more cars to show up, some luck, and have some of our cars to go deeper in the rounds like last night, & further if we hope to have a chance.

I'm also hoping our full-bore battle for the #1 spot in the NW (fastest car) comes together for the race at B-town on the 19th. Hopefully there will be several 10 sec cars battling it out in the background of the CCC race. I know of 6 that plan to be there.

WHEELS UP BABY!!!
There are at least at min a few cars that'll see the last 3 races that have'nt been there, let's go after the #1 spot.
Robert
Old 07-29-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

Results are posted....read em & weep boys. FDT is on top by 33 pts.

& Jonathon ended up in 6th place

Originally Posted by Robert56
There are at least at min a few cars that'll see the last 3 races that have'nt been there, let's go after the #1 spot.
Robert
Well, with you Vettes coming back, if Ellis can get his car dialed in, AND if Bill can make the last 2 races (since his pro racing should be done by then) MAYBE we can do it. But that is a LOT of ifs from where I sit.

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 07-29-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robert56
Can a Corvette join the Ford team?
Robert
There is a major downfall to this though. You might just be faster.

Rick
Old 07-29-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

IF I can get my clutch in, heater core replaced, and car tuned before the season's over I'll help as much as I can. (yeah heater core died yesterday) but clutch is on order heater core will be added monday. Just gotta get the plugs, wires, O2's, and Fuel Filter done then tune her and I should be good

Doh... n/m just looked at the schedule... I switch to the Thurs-Sat shift for 4wks on Aug 10th guess I'm missing out this season.

Last edited by rookiels1; 07-29-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Veteran

I've just been doing shitty this year... last year I had like 20 points, and I only made 6 races out of 11. So far this year, I've made 6 out of 11, and I only have 10 points to show for it.

Just goes to show you, it's better to be lucky than good... last year I got lucky and made the final eight three times. This year, I haven't gotten past the 2nd round, and most of the time I get eliminated in the 1st round.

The part that pisses me off most is it's my own inconsistency or mistakes that cost me. The funny thing is, I think I'm a better racer than I was last year... yet I'm doing worse. I cut way better lights, but I also redlight more, or I end up missing a shift, or the car breaks out by just a hair, etc. Just been a bad year for me.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Second Club

& Jonathon ended up in 6th place

Well, with you Vettes coming back, if Ellis can get his car dialed in, AND if Bill can make the last 2 races (since his pro racing should be done by then) MAYBE we can do it. But that is a LOT of ifs from where I sit.
I was supposed to have my power steering pump yesterday! Which means the Vette should have been cruising on its own today.

Well somehow UPS got fudged up and now they have my pump scheduled to be delivered on Monday.

I took monday and tuesday off so I can have the time to put my car back together and get this nitrous kit finally finished! Right now I have about 1/2 of the kit installed. I need to have Robert help me with the window switch. Tomorrow I am dedicating the entire day to finishing the nitrous install. After that I plan on getting it tuned this coming Saturday at TJ's................then I'll be ready for ALL of the races that are left!

Of course Wolfe Racing won't be helping me get into the 10's legally till late August.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Mark, lurking over both our teams shoulders is the NW Muscle Car Assn. If they perform at the Aug 19th Bremerton double points race, like they did at the last Bremerton race, they could leap frog both our teams and move into 1st place.
-Kent-
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I should be able to make the next three. I had a retierment on friday night for the guy that gave me my current job and I didn't want to miss it.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GT-347
Mark, lurking over both our teams shoulders is the NW Muscle Car Assn. If they perform at the Aug 19th Bremerton double points race, like they did at the last Bremerton race, they could leap frog both our teams and move into 1st place.
-Kent-
This is getting fun for a change, ain't it?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

I need to get out there again...
Old 07-31-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

The factor that seems to be tipping the scales this year is the increasing number of new Mustangs showing up. Too bad the General doesn't make a pony car anymore... Of course, you do have the GTO, there just aren't very many of 'em.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Damn guys, I need to get out there again and help out!!

I may be able to bring a new recruit or two to the next one, if my truck is in running condition..
Old 07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by esoteric
The factor that seems to be tipping the scales this year is the increasing number of new Mustangs showing up. Too bad the General doesn't make a pony car anymore... Of course, you do have the GTO, there just aren't very many of 'em.
Tis true John, not having many new GM hot rods doesn't help. But if all of our guys could show up on a regular basis, I think it would be a lot closer race. The problem is many of the cars on my team are trying to go faster this year, which has resulted in some down-time. I can relate.

I may have snagged another Vette for the team. (yellow 06 coupe) I need to track him down today. I know he wants to try it next year after he puts twin Ts on the car.

But I think I signed the best recent addition to CCC up for the X team. Just look for an SRT4 with X666 on it at the next race.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

But I think I signed the best recent addition to CCC up for the X team. Just look for an SRT4 with X666 on it at the next race.
Yes you did! Nice tattoo on her lower abdomen too.

Search this Thread