Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

why do they call neons a "Skittle"

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do they call neons a "Skittle"

I dont get it.. Isnt a Skittle this tasty little fruit candy? I dont see how a neon compares. Is there some version that comes with Skittle colors or something?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

taste the
Old 07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Good kill.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its becuase they come in alot of different colors.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

because skittles motto is 'taste the rainbow' and rainbows = ******* and neons are gay. Illustrated thusly:

skittles = rainbow, rainbow = ****, neons = gay so skittles = neon.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25psi
Its becuase they come in alot of different colors.
^fruity
Old 07-29-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^oh you mean gay?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

And when you beat a modded 1 it becomes a sour skittle
Old 07-30-2006, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Seems like whatever car forum I visit there is always a SRT4 hate thread. Why do people hate it so much? Is it the young kids that buy them and act like they are faster than anything? I have never seen a car talked about so much by other car owners than the SRT4. Always bashing on the car saying "Neons are gay" or "It's still a neon" seems to be the most popular. They never talk about the car falling apart or how slow it is. Truthfully, the car is very stout. Some might not like the looks but the drivetrain is damn near bullet proof. For the money its a great deal. So why do people make the generic terms like "Neons suck"? I could insert any cars name in front of the word sucks, does it make it true if you believe it enough?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:26 AM
12 Second SUV Club

i love srt4's. nice package with good stock form and responds well with mods.But like u say alot think they are the fastest **** out there.Like tonite one was talking lip on how i needed at least 400 rwhp to beat him,so we ran 3 times from a dig and we both had no tration but i always pulled ahead. So we went to the gas station and he would not it rest about losing he kept asking for ROLL RACE so i glady abliged form a 20 i completely upset him-I WON. his mods were intake,inter cooler,exhaust so i know he was very dissapointed!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Good kill.
glad to see you read the post before posting yourself...lol

Tom
Old 07-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

I like SRT-4's too. Sad I'm selling my car to maybe get one. But its more practical, good power, good gas mileage, lots of room, cheap fun! And warrantied modifications and you can beat the hell out of them!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Had a skittle rev me yesterday morning while I was leaving the gas station....they always rev me but they never want to run. They should be packaged in those toy boxes at Wal mart labeled big time muscle for ages under 12
Old 07-30-2006, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PocketViper
Seems like whatever car forum I visit there is always a SRT4 hate thread. Why do people hate it so much? Is it the young kids that buy them and act like they are faster than anything?
yes. No doubt its a capable street car, but its rare to find a fast one with a cool driver, around me that is atleast.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

No one will ever know
Old 07-30-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like whatever car forum I visit there is always a SRT4 hate thread. Why do people hate it so much? Is it the young kids that buy them and act like they are faster than anything? I have never seen a car talked about so much by other car owners than the SRT4. Always bashing on the car saying "Neons are gay" or "It's still a neon" seems to be the most popular. They never talk about the car falling apart or how slow it is. Truthfully, the car is very stout. Some might not like the looks but the drivetrain is damn near bullet proof. For the money its a great deal. So why do people make the generic terms like "Neons suck"? I could insert any cars name in front of the word sucks, does it make it true if you believe it enough?

Yup you hit it right on the head. I have driven quite a few heavily modded srt-4's, including my best friends one with a .50 trim, turboback, kick *** fuel system, upgraded intercooler, WGA, etc, etc making 370 fwhp and they are a blast to drive and are really a great car bang for the buck, but the fact that they can be had so cheap (20K new) a lot of young kids get them and ruin the cars image. I cant tell you how many local kids in my town have them with just the mopar blow off plate and they claim they are 11/12 second cars. I wash my carpretty much every weekend there is one kid who whenever he drives by he feels the need to rev and hear his BOV multiple times, however everytime I see him when im out with my car at a car meet or something along that lines and ask him to run me he always has an excuse (his is stock with just the mopar blow off plate and a drop in K&N). Its not the car, its just that a lot of morons are out there buying them and thinking they are john force with a stock srt-4.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
lot of young kids get them and ruin the cars image
Not to stick my head in the lions mouth, but F-bodies are even cheaper than that. I sold my 98 for 8700 to a seventeen year old. How is that any better than an SRT-4?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Not to stick my head in the lions mouth, but F-bodies are even cheaper than that. I sold my 98 for 8700 to a seventeen year old. How is that any better than an SRT-4?
So true, I paid $10,500 for my SS and its in MINT condish! I also get anywhere from 28-30mpg on the highway, I don't think the Neon gets THAT good.

Personally, I ALMOST got one of these cars brand new in '03. I actually like the look, drivability, power, etc. I had my LT1 at the time too. However, I am VERY glad I didn't get one because I <3 my SS. Especially after putting on the off-road Y the other day. I got a chance to stretch her legs yesterday and it made a damn nice increase on the top end. I may need to have the cutout uncapped today when I go take it out, .
Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do people hate it so much? Is it the young kids that buy them and act like they are faster than anything?
yes, sir. i've never seen anyone over the age of 25 driving an STR-4. if a car is associated with "punk *** kids and ricers" i doubt i'd ever like its image. i'm not doubting there are some cool guys driving one out there - you seem like a cool guy - but the snobby ******* that thinks they have the fastest thing on 4 wheels tend to outnumber them by a great deal.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

their are 10x more kids driving srt4 than f-bodies. so dont try and compare that.

second those cars arent anywhere near bullet proof.....

and like already stated 90% of the drivers think their faster than every car on the road only to small knowledge their driving a mid 14 second car in general because they bog 1st/ cant shift into 2nd for crap. and go through puberty through third gear......

Quick Reply: why do they call neons a "Skittle"