Installing Loudmouth Catback Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Loudmouth Catback Question

Howdy! I tried posting in the external engine area, but no real luck. I feel like a total jackass and idiot for asking, but i have never done anything exhaust-related before myself and know that im prolly going to need to cut my stock system to be able to unbolt it so i can bolt on a loudmouth system.

Does anyone have instructions on how to install a loudmouth catback or can someone do a writeup if you have time? Hell, even pointers would be good. Can someone post pics from under their car of the loudmouth installed so i can see exactly how the pipes from the y-pipe fit together?

I know yall here in TX can be the most willing to help. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont worry about it. Just remove stock exhaust, sawzall is best, you will need to cut it before it goes over the axle unless you have a lift. The SLP will be in numerous pieces, just lay them out and simply clamp it on, since the over the axle is already cut, you'll be able to slide it over the axle easily. Its really easy, dont worry about it
Old 07-30-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

dont worry man its pretty straight forward....I've heard its best with the sawzall but ive done it in 2 hours with a hacksaw and 2 jackstands....just cut it right before it goes over the axle and bolt the new system on piece by piece, just make sure that it doesnt rub anywhere or you will get vibrations and banging etc. very annoying, good luck!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

its pretty much self explanatory once you get under there, the over the axle pipe was the trickiest for me