Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Just my luck..

Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Angry Just my luck..

Spend all this time working on cleaning up my Formula, sunny and hot for weeks on end, get up on the day of the All-Pontiac show and what do I get?

RAIN! $#&@*@#^&@!!!!!

Now I'm debating if I ever wanna drive it all the way up there and ruin all the work I did on it.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you drive it in the rain you can pull into one of those car wash bays use the spotless rinse. I did that on the way to a show one day. I didn't win anything althought I should have. The car that won best of show was a rusted out ford mustang. Last time I go to a car show sponsered by a Ford Dealership.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
teh PuRpL3z

It wasn't too bad, the car got their pretty clean... but that luck kinda plagued my day... First thing was that I left my house early to meet up with the caravan I was driving to the show with...

Stopped in Issaquah for gas, and realized I'd forgotten my wallet at home. The gas gauge was past "E" and I knew there was no way I was going to make it back to North Bend. So I scrounged my pockets and even started looking under the seats in the Formula... scrounged up $1.57 LOL and that got me almost half a gallon... back to North Bend I went, got my wallet, made a beeline for the gas station.. I had just a little over 0.2 gallons in the tank still.

So I got to the show, and had been thinking of jumping out of the class I was registered in ('82-02 Firebird / Formula), and jumped into the Performance / Race class.... figured since Mark wasn't gonna be there, it would be easier competition. I figured there would be a large number of Formulas & Firebirds..

There ended up being three cars in Race/ Performance... So it was my car...

Versus this GTO for the win in the class.

The third car was a late 2nd gen Trans Am that was kinda beat up, so it was pretty clear it was gonna be a contest between the two cars.

In the category I had originally registered in there was a '99 V6 Firebird, two LT1 Formulas, and a 3rd gen... had I stayed in the category, I probably would have easily taken a win. The V6 car won it, they didn't even open the hood.. one of the LT1's had some major paint issues on the nose, the other one was kinda dirty, and the 3rd gen was a little beat up.... and it took 2nd Place. The Formula would have really stood out in that group.

Ended up losing to the GTO... being a mostly old school crowd, they kinda turn their noses up at the newer cars... So I took 2nd Place.

And about halfway through the show it literally started DUMPING rain... I mean like coming down in buckets. I had to sprint to my car to roll the windows up.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 07-31-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

The weather is just weird!! this summer, at least you got two awards - most of these shows don't even give the fbody any credit at all.

They still are looking great - you have done some real elbow grease work on em'. Shiny things!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Congrats on the 2nd place Zeke!!! Nothing to feel bad about. But I hear you about that crowd. That is why I deserted WWF a couple years ago. They seem to be all about old cars & shows. Not to say they don't have any hot rods in the club. But they never race them. In fact, I've only seen them do a dyno session once in the last 3 years. Pretty frustrating for people like us.....

Anyway, congrats again. Car looks good dude!!!

And sorry we didn't make it up to visit. I wasn't sure it would even happen, not to mention I was rather busy.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:22 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Yeah, it's definitely like that... it seems that some of those guys idea of "racing" a car is to bring it to BOP once a year and run it. It's kinda funny because I know some of those cars HAVE been down the track, but as much as I'm at the track I never see them there. But yeah, between Northwest Legends, POCI and WWF, they do all kinda have that "old car" tunnel vision...

Northwest Legends is finally warming up to the new GTO, though, and they actually had 5 new school GTOs there as part of their club... almost every one of them was pretty stock, though. The class winners were a Blaze Orange '06 and a silver '05... both were totally stock.

WWF is getting better about 4th gens... what kinda cracked me up, though, was how incredibly BAD some of the late 2nd gens were.

Here's the rest of my pics from the show..
http://pics.evyl.org/All_Pontiac_Show/

Some of them are cool.. and there's a few just kinda make you say WTF?!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Veteran

That's why I always (try to) go with my first instinct.......but congrats on the 2nd place, beats nothing and is nothing to feel bad about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just my luck..