Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my cam is chipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my cam is chipped

i was looking at my cam and found a chip to be missing out of it. it's on the side of one of the lobes, is this cam trash ? or will it be ok since its only about a sixteen of an inch wide. i think im going to rma this cam, i was going to sell it, but im not going to sell faulty parts. good thing, i accidentaly already ordered two, and the second seems to be in good shape. theres a hole cut into the cam box from the lobe, so im guessing it was just rough shipping methods and not the distributors fault. imo it wasnt really packaged correctly though, no protection to the cam. just inside a cam box, then inside a slightly bigger cardboard box.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

most cams are shipped like that, occasionally with paper wrapped around the cam as well. I havnt had any problem with shipping like this. Call the vendor and see what they say. You may have to file a claim with the shipper.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not return it? I personally wouldnt use it. If its missing a chip, then a lifter could eaisly hang or make alot of noise every time it crosses the missing part.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Why not return it? I personally wouldnt use it. If its missing a chip, then a lifter could eaisly hang or make alot of noise every time it crosses the missing part.
Certainly. Any pitting on a cam will quickly break through the case hardening of the lifter roller. I know this first hand.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
most cams are shipped like that, occasionally with paper wrapped around the cam as well. I havnt had any problem with shipping like this. Call the vendor and see what they say. You may have to file a claim with the shipper.
yeah i think it was the shipping company at fault. i got 2 of these cams, one was actually the kit like i ordered. it cam in lots of foam peanutts with 3 boxes inside.. the lightly protected one was just the cam wich wasnt what i ordered (ordered the kit ) . i just want a refund on the cam. i was just asking because if it had no effect on durability, i would of just sold it to some one local as its a popular cam.. to avoid hassle's with getting my money returned as i have never had a pleasant experience with any company if something arrived as not what i ordered or damaged etc. ill see if i can rma it. if not i guess i'll see if i can get my mom's uncle to make a knife out of it as hes a blacksmith and the cam material would make a nice knife. or sword lol -lots of metal.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would see if you can get the money back or have a new one shipped. That sucks.
A cam knife would be different. Seems more manly than a lamp though.