Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTEC Wires

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question QTEC Wires

Pulled the 2 wires apart in my cutout....they are the ones that are connected to the plug which is connected to the cutout itself..., right where the plug end is..Does it matter which wire goes to which connection.? Do not want to fry the thing...HELP.. **** I E-mailed Quicktime just awhile ago...thought someone here might know.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 08-01-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would wait and hear a response from Barry or someone over at QTP before frying it on accident like you said.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Pulled the 2 wires apart in my cutout....they are the ones that are connected to the plug which is connected to the cutout itself...the pulled end is the cutout end, right where they go into the unit itself, not the plug end..Does it matter which wire goes to which connection.? Do not want to fry the thing...HELP.. **** I E-mailed Quicktime just awhile ago...thought someone here might know.

Not gonna fry anything. Just make the motor turn the opposite way if you reverse them. It's not any complex setup.

If you pull back a little of the insulation you should see a black wire and a red one. My plug came apart too. Used a couple of splices to put it back together. Not coming apart again...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by jay_99z
Not gonna fry anything. Just make the motor turn the opposite way if you reverse them. It's not any complex setup.

If you pull back a little of the insulation you should see a black wire and a red one. My plug came apart too. Used a couple of splices to put it back together. Not coming apart again...
Mine came apart right at the connection..right where the plug is..the plug connected to the unit itself..can't tell which wire goes to which spot...any ideas other than spending forever trying them both.??? thanx ....can I hook up a battery to the plug end and just try both or will that not activate it.?? ANYONE ELSE...

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 08-01-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

ttt.........[made a BIG mistake..it is at the PLUG END connected to the unit..]

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 08-01-2006 at 06:28 PM.