Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am Tail Light discolored

Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am Tail Light discolored

I have the same problem w/ my T/A that I've read others here have and I'm looking for a way to fix it without buying a new tail light. The drivers side tail light is darker than the passenger because of the moisture problem that darkens them. I was wondering if anyone has tried using nightshades tint on the good tail light to try to darken it to match the ruined one? I'd like to try this rather than paying 180 bucks for a new one but I'm afraid it might not turn out right. If anyone has any input on this please let me know. It looks like **** seeing one tail light darker than the other
Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

...or find someone with the opposite side dark as yours and swap a light with them. One of you will have dark ones, the other bright ones. I think the dark ones look a little nicer for some reason.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Launching!

I have one dark and one light as well and I've thought about vht too lol. It would probably be pretty hard to match them up in color though. I had thought about finding a tail light that is as dark as the other but there is probably a reason why it's dark..*being leaky and old* I have yet to SEE any other car with my problem though..
Old 08-01-2006, 05:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I have one dark and one light as well and I've thought about vht too lol. It would probably be pretty hard to match them up in color though. I had thought about finding a tail light that is as dark as the other but there is probably a reason why it's dark..*being leaky and old* I have yet to SEE any other car with my problem though..
You could do that, but you would still have the problem of the darker one not lighting up very well. I'm just getting new ones.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Teching In

What is the cheapest anyones seen the taillights go for, I have only seen them for 180 or so, does anyone else know where to get these cheaper or possibly used that arent damaged

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans Am Tail Light discolored