Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran a Supra TT on freeway

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran a Supra TT on freeway

Last night around 2 am or so I was coming back to my house on the freeway just minding my business when all of a sudden a red Supra comes up by my side and revs. He then revs one more time and I hear his blow-off valve. So I rev also and drop the car into 3rd gear as we are doing about 75 or so. So we are pacing each other for about 5 seconds and the we finally punch it together and were off. I pull about a 1.5 cars on him and stay like that until about 125 or so. He comes up one more time and we go at it again and like before I have him by 1.5 cars but this time until about 135. I really thought I was going to get beat especially on the freeway where these supras are suppost to be beasts. As I take my exit I honk and and give a thumbs up and he in returns does also. I wonder what it had in it though
Old 07-31-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

which car were you in?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Teching In

wow i thought it was gonna b the other way around
Old 08-01-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would think the Cobra cause it says he sold the Z06 and the 5.0 isnt finished. Although a Turbo 331 will make as much power as a Supra so maybe some day we'll hear about this with the 5.0.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Teching In

Yah this was with the Cobra. Yah your right avalanche, I want to try and make 700+whp on the coupe.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RED04Z06
I wonder what it had in it though

Probably bolt-ons.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LS1NA7 I like how your sig says another slow import that runs 10s and all that jazz. I dont think you can really say that considering the only thing japanese about your car is the roller. Of course it runs 10s on motor cause it's got a big cube motor where a 1.3L used to sit. If you could do that with the 1.3L without blowing it up Id be a lil more impressed. Not to say I dont like the idea of Japanese cars with LS1s I wanna do a 240 when I get some more $$.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Good kill! Supra guy must not know anything about Cobras.

From the amount you beat him by, I would say he was still on the stock twins with a few basic bolt ons. My buddy with his 04 Cobra with only FIPK has a very slight edge on my cousins Supra with exhaust, intake and intercooler upgrade. It is actually a drivers race between them.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ls1_kid
wow i thought it was gonna b the other way around
Why is that? Supras aren't fast. They are just like anything else. You have to do some pretty hefty mods to get them to run. People see these videos of supras with 800-1k hp and think thats the norm.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Avalanche
LS1NA7 I like how your sig says another slow import that runs 10s and all that jazz. I dont think you can really say that considering the only thing japanese about your car is the roller. Of course it runs 10s on motor cause it's got a big cube motor where a 1.3L used to sit. If you could do that with the 1.3L without blowing it up Id be a lil more impressed. Not to say I dont like the idea of Japanese cars with LS1s I wanna do a 240 when I get some more $$.
It's pathetic that someone has to take an import, remove the main thing that gives it its speed (motor), and replace it with American parts to make it run worth a ****. Then the credit goes to the import?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Nah, regular Supra's are decent cars. It's the big single cars ya gotta watch out for.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Avalanche
So what is it then? The title says RX-7, on the insurance that is what it is considered. The car was imported. So, question is, is the CAR still an import? Exactly. Don't start this argument again. The car is a hybrid, but it is still an import car. BTW, I have a friend who has already did the same thing with a rotary. You more impressed that he did it, than me?

It amazes me more everyday how people try to change things around to fit them or descredit someone else. I built the car, I consider it an import whether anyone else does or not. Does it hurt other people that bad that I say that? Guess what, this is teh InTeRnEt!

BTW, today had not been a good day.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It's pathetic that someone has to take an import, remove the main thing that gives it its speed (motor), and replace it with American parts to make it run worth a ****. Then the credit goes to the import?
What is pathetic is that you have to say some stupid **** that you obviously don't know anything about. Do you actually think I care what is american and what isn't? I could care less. The car is a damn import.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Nah, regular Supra's are decent cars. It's the big single cars ya gotta watch out for.

Yep. Exactly.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
The car is a damn import.
^^^^ The reason why it NEEDS an LS1
Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice take down on the Supra. Those cars can be monsters, dont see to many where I am though and everytime I do see one I think twice before racing them. Its pretty awsome that these cars have been out of the market here in the US for many years and they are still going strong. good kill.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man I would like to run one frum a roll. If I win or loose, I really could'nt give a ****. some of my best races were with a car that was just barley faster than mine. Good Kill.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would love to race a lightly modded supra to see what they can do. I know two guys who have them around here and they 700/800 rwhp beasts...
Old 08-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned

Nice Kill Red04.

Originally Posted by LSINA7
.1988 Mazda RX-7 TII - Just another slow import that may just run 10's. On motor. On radials. Full interior. Full weight. On pump gas. While blasting the radio and shifting the car manually.
You know im cool with you man, but I gotta say, that comes across real cocky. All the motor, full interior mumbo jumbo.
Its almost like you want someone to argue with you.

Remember I understand you P.O.V., but you have an LS1 in a RX7, yet it sounds like you talkin up your ride and putting a premature block up for anyone who thinks different.

And you are the one using the word import. Whether you view it like you say or what not, thats how it comes across.

Thats all Im sayin.

Post number 420 for me boys, that means I have to celebrate!
Soon...
Old 08-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Nice Kill Red04.

You know im cool with you man, but I gotta say, that comes across real cocky. All the motor, full interior mumbo jumbo.
Its almost like you want someone to argue with you.

Remember I understand you P.O.V., but you have an LS1 in a RX7, yet it sounds like you talkin up your ride and putting a premature block up for anyone who thinks different.

And you are the one using the word import. Whether you view it like you say or what not, thats how it comes across.

Thats all Im sayin.

Post number 420 for me boys, that means I have to celebrate!
Soon...
I understand. I don't mean to be cocky, but I do mean to enlighten others. I see these kind of sigs under a lot of guys on this site, and I hear people always talk about how much money you have to put in imports, can't make power on pump gas or full interior, etc. Just thought I would let them know it happens. Actually, I need to change the sig anyway.