Need web site help and opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need web site help and opinions!!

I know these arent cars that you guys probably like but i started this scion message board when i worked for fred haas and started the scion gig there before the cars came out. i honestly never really like the cars besides the TC and let the site go but i have wasted so much money because i pay for the forum monthly for the past few years that i needed to get the ball rolling again and try to make the money back i lost. So if you guys have any POSTIVE suggestions on what i should do to attract more people i would REALLY appreciate it!! I think i need a new front page but im not the best at html but will work on one and what you guys think i should do to spice the pages up and get people talking!

www.scionfreaks.com
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

MMMMM-Kay
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
FormerVendor

haha, whats up al havent talked to you in a while. Why dont you give some feedback!

"It's easy MMMMMKAYYY"
Old 08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Regular

Change the all the colors...when you open it, it looks to plain and just thrown together. And what is with the password having to be between 8 and 8 characters????
Old 08-01-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good man...im a web designer as well...well going to school for it anyway lol im having trouble finding out how to make the site "live" and all that stuff...but oh well ill learn i guess.
~if i had to say, i guess its a lot of gray, add some gradients, or maybe some texture to your backgrounds...mess with the opacities and stuff. other then that...its cool. MAYBE get rid of the Neon green flashing thingy lol
Seems you already have quite a few people already! good job
~you could make bumper stickers or decals for this site, just like ls1tech does...that always helps!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

thanks guys. yeah i know the colors are a little dull but honestly it really took a long time because the forum was not user friendly. i bought a domain and didnt know how to just get it like ls1tech where you just type in the link and your there. im sure theres a way so you dont have to type in alot of www.blah//.12341234 crap. but i bought a domain through go daddy and used their supposably easy website setup which is drag and drop and just type stuff but that is bs and all their stuff looks like *** so i was stuck with the front page that i have and it takes wayyyyy too long to mess with and their so is really slow when you are logged in to edit. so if anyone has any suggestions about maybe going with another company or how i can do my own html and then use that lmk!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You'd still be using the register service to point the domain name to the new server or however you’re hosting is going to go.

It looks good for a start, however I do agree with the colors and just the links and pics in general. I know your banner on the forums is something a free text site will and do make still think it’s like 3dtext or cool text.

If your going to use a forum I suggest an easy start with Invision power boards or nuke both of which the forums are free. If you have the money to spare buy an owner’s license for $160.00 from Vbulletin. There are also plenty of mods and skins you can use to make your free or paid forum nice and sleek, for these suggested above.

As far as getting more people it’s just about word a mouth, events, and having the demand out there. Advertise on sites, sponsors, search engines, link exchange, etc..
This also adds up quick if you really push it in the "cost" sense.

I have a few links below in my sig if you need help that I run. If you’re looking for a designer let me know.
-J
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

check the back ground now, i just whipped up something quick because the old gray back ground was pretty weak. ill work on the 8 character password also
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

anyone else have some suggestions or opinions. thanks for your suggestions to the people that replyed.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

start spamming, go into other scion forums and spam the hell outta them!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

kinda funny.... i was talking to a client today regarding cheesy looking sites.

www.yellowpageguru.com

need to flip the script and move away from the template base.... go to an HTML site.. add flash etc. etc. ...... either spend the bucks.. buy a web design for dummies book or call it a loss...

I am an expert on internet marketing and advertising.... get paid big bucks to do this!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

okay well my question is i bought the domain name scionfreaks.com from godaddy. so what do i need to do to get away from their bs and get my own html stuff so i dont use their cheezy templates that are not user friendly and look cheap??