Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Smoked headlights

Old 08-01-2006, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Smoked headlights

I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this? There is a mustang running around here with smoked headlights and it looks bad *** and i always thought **** if he can do it why cant i?

my car is goign in for tint and snmoekd rear lights and side markers and i figure i would get the clear running lights with the black housing and call that good then have my heads smoekd too...

anyone have pics
Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't do it. Keep the stock look. Are those AR rebels the right offset for our cars? Because I saw a white one with those same ones on a local ls1 site and people were saying that it wasn't the right off set.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about smoking or tinting the lense housing itself?

If so, doing something like the Whistler mod will pull some light and not make it so bright (same with black housings of the Halo lights).

But if not, you could probably get some VHT Nightshade and put a coat up, sand it down a bit or mix up a thinned coat of gray/black paint and do that over the lense.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I wouldn't do it. Keep the stock look. Are those AR rebels the right offset for our cars? Because I saw a white one with those same ones on a local ls1 site and people were saying that it wasn't the right off set.

hmm wonder who that guy was? anyways.....

i wouldnt do it man. i have thought about doin a very light vht on mine, but i dont think it would come out. just so u know. lacquer thinner will remove vht. so give it a shot
Old 08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SicV8
hmm wonder who that guy was? anyways.....

i wouldnt do it man. i have thought about doin a very light vht on mine, but i dont think it would come out. just so u know. lacquer thinner will remove vht. so give it a shot
IT WAS YOUUUUUUUU!!!!! LOL....So they aren't the right offset right??
Old 08-02-2006, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
i think they are the right offset, they look fine, the fronts stick out a little bit more than the front, but nothing horrible, i didnt notice it... maybe he had the wider ones?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Smoked headlights