Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need pics of SW SS LTs from the guys who have 'em.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need pics of SW SS LTs from the guys who have 'em.

I want to know these things look like underneath the car, how much fab I have to do to get my TDs fit. I'm about to order a set of this from Strano.

So yes, pictures are definitely appreciated.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Trunion King

Anybody??
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not get some Kooks?

Bout the same price.... But Kooks headers are created by God himself!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Trunion King

I've search both on kooks and SW SS headers... I haven't heard any problems on installation/fitment on SW headers while on Kooks, there's a few. Besides, Kooks don't offer 2.5" collector.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bene
I've search both on kooks and SW SS headers... I haven't heard any problems on installation/fitment on SW headers while on Kooks, there's a few. Besides, Kooks don't offer 2.5" collector.
why would you want a 2" collector when you can have a 3"

Also I am sure they will custom make a 2.5" for ya.... If you really want...
Old 08-02-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not the best pics in the world...but hopefully they will help you a little.

As you can see in the first picture...the Y pipe caused us some problems. Note how the bracket doesn't line up with the stock location...we landed up weling it on there and painting it to make it look a little better. Definitely no clearance issues on the passenger side though. We had to cut out about an inch of the Y-Pipe on that side to get everything to fit.

Here's the final solution to the Y pipe banging the floorboard on the driver side problem. I used this mufflex hanger, but due to the location of the O2 bung on the Ypipe, we had to cut the mufflex hanger apart, and weld it back together the other way around to make it work. We also had to squash the Ypipe a little by stuffing a piece of wood in betwee the floor and the pipe and letting the car down slowly. But now I have no issues with banging at all.

Just an overview of the underside of the car after the torque arm was installed, it has a bit of the exhaust in it so I included it too. The stock crossmember that you see in the first pic is now gone...obviously, but it never really posed a clearance issue on my car.

The headers themselves were not that bad to put in. We took the plugs out, and had to remove the starter and jack up the engine on the passenger side if I remember correctly. The headers only took about 2 hours, we did use a lift though. The Y pipe took forever!

Hope this helps.

If you want more specific pics, I am gonna have to go through my other pics and upload them or even take new ones.
Attached Thumbnails I need pics of SW SS LTs from the guys who have 'em.-exhaust3.jpg   I need pics of SW SS LTs from the guys who have 'em.-exhaust4.jpg   I need pics of SW SS LTs from the guys who have 'em.-exhaust5.jpg  

Last edited by MannyZ28; 08-02-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Trunion King

Hey, thanks man... I appreciate the pictures. I don't have to deal w/ Y pipe on mine as I have TDs. I'll be using a lift also.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh...yeah...duh missed the part about your true dual setup! You'll like those headers, I am very happy with them!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

headers themselves fit good like the others were saying....great quality...only problem im having now which wont be an issue with your TD's is getting the y pipe in...seems like with my stock I-pipe that the y is a little long, but i will be looking at everything again tonight. The whole system tucks up better than any system ive seen. SW told me the system was desigened to work with the eibach kit. I have an old post with a few pics of the headers. no installed pics yet
Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Trunion King

Can you post those pictures?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Trunion King

SW is making my set as we speak, FYI. It supposed to arrive on my doorstep three weeks from now. WOOT!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by viewsonic
why would you want a 2" collector when you can have a 3"

My TDs is a 2.5" system.