NVR4GET Return My Pm's

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NVR4GET Return My Pm's

You've read all 3 of my pm's to you with no response. I want an agreed on resolution tonight.

Marc
Old 08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
8 Second Club

Marc, my buddy just told me about these, because he has been using his computer to browse tech. Matt is in New York right now. So I will get back to you in a little bit. I will login on here and see what the problem is.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Marc, my buddy just told me about these, because he has been using his computer to browse tech. Matt is in New York right now. So I will get back to you in a little bit. I will login on here and see what the problem is.
Well the first one I sent him was on 07-26-2006, 06:06 PM. Something I purchased from him was very far from the description. I"m just trying to get to a reasonable resolution for both of us. I am not sure what happened on his side or if he did not know about the quality of the parts. I am just looking to recoop my lose and have put the parts on ebay and am almost halfway to what I paid with time left.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:25 PM
8 Second Club

Marc,
So after doing some research into this matter I've learned a few things. You sent the check 05-02-2006, that the check would be there then. The rods went out I think a few days after. Your in Texas there for you got the rods at the most 2 days later (That is if it even took that long). When you opened them did you not inspect them. The rods were out of a Mallet Corvette and the crank, which I sold to a good friend of mine, was a 3.9" crank. So I do not see why these would not work as a LS1 rod. They were bought from a friend who I saw dissassemble the motor. I also do know for a fact that SBC rods are in fact used in LS1's all the time. A personal friend, who bought the crank, works for MTI and did say in fact they are used in certain cases. You can contact many people about this matter.

As for the matter of the length, we were told that they were the length we advertised. Why was this not looked at the day you got them. I would have been more then helpful when it comes down to it. The fact that you have waited now 3 months later to contact us really makes me wonder. Did you see that we now have a MTI 427, which I have seen you bash them personally, so you think that we are just willing to hand you out money?

As far as the "rust" when we shipped them out the rods were clean. Again you wait 3 months where I dont know wtf you could have done to the rods, or where you left them. That is another thing right there that is just really wierd. Which I do not understand why you took this long to even make a mention of this.

I'm going back to my point again about because we just recently got a MTI 427 you all the sudden say something is wrong with the rods. When you could have done something about this 3 months ago when you recieved the rods. I would have been more then welcome to help you out and take care of this. I do not understand why you did not inspect anything and wait 3 months before you even decide to say anything. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason to do anything about this. Even if it was a month later you could have said something about it and I would have done something about it. You have waited 3 months which is total crap if you want my opinion.

What would you do in our situation. We get this PM the day we actually make our post to DJ saying that we need to know how much to spray. You also see his new signature where it says he has a MTI 427 and it is know that my brother is young. You've probably read that we are going to be buying a nitrous kit soon enough. I did some research on your old post's and I found this
Originally Posted by redaddiction
I have been on both sides of the mommy and daddy paid for ****. I have no respect for cars mommy paid for why, because part of this is buidling something yourself and working hard and earning it. The attitude and maturity of the kids who parents pay for everything also makes me sick. I use to be one of them and when I grew up and earned what I have now I see how much of a little bastard I was.
It makes me wonder if you think we just got this **** handed to us. Maybe you don't know but both my brother and I work our *** off to get **** done to our cars. So you think just because mommy and daddy "helped" out, which was not much at all. That we can hand money out esp. three months after you got something then all the sudden realize it was wrong.You can ask the 100-200 members on this forum that know both of us. They will also tell you we are fair people and I've sold parts to many people.

Chris Powell
Old 08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The rods were in great shape. I almost bought them for my car from their original owner but i stepped up to a set of pro-billet rods instead, so Matt bought them. That situation sucks but in all seriousness those rods got sold what 3 months ago from my understanding? Long past the point of return.

Last edited by NiceTry; 08-01-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

if i sold someone some **** and 3 months later they wanted their money back i would laugh.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know both of the Powells very well, and I'd buy parts from them without question. 3 Months is a long time, anything could of happened to those parts while in your possesion
Old 08-01-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Pimp

I've known them both personaly for years, and hands down they are great people. They have helped me many times with no reward asked for, nor wanted. 3 months is just too long, **** a week after you get it is too long for me.

If I were this guy I'd do just like NiceTry said, and sell them.
Zac
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by _Zac
I've known them both personaly for years, and hands down they are great people. They have helped me many times with no reward asked for, nor wanted. 3 months is just too long, **** a week after you get it is too long for me.

If I were this guy I'd do just like NiceTry said, and sell them.
Zac

+1 to what zac and kt said
Old 08-01-2006, 11:13 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Matt and Chris Powell are stand-up guys, they have no need to even try to pull one over on somebody. Plus, three months down the road and you want a refund, hell most stores you go to now are 30 days max.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

sounds to me like an admin can lock this thread...case closed!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about this Marc. Sux not getting what you paid for.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

wow 3 months and he wants a refund.how do you know those arent the rods he replaced with yours.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Marc,
So after doing some research into this matter I've learned a few things. You sent the check 05-02-2006, that the check would be there then. The rods went out I think a few days after. Your in Texas there for you got the rods at the most 2 days later (That is if it even took that long). When you opened them did you not inspect them. The rods were out of a Mallet Corvette and the crank, which I sold to a good friend of mine, was a 3.9" crank. So I do not see why these would not work as a LS1 rod. They were bought from a friend who I saw dissassemble the motor. I also do know for a fact that SBC rods are in fact used in LS1's all the time. A personal friend, who bought the crank, works for MTI and did say in fact they are used in certain cases. You can contact many people about this matter.

As for the matter of the length, we were told that they were the length we advertised. Why was this not looked at the day you got them. I would have been more then helpful when it comes down to it. The fact that you have waited now 3 months later to contact us really makes me wonder. Did you see that we now have a MTI 427, which I have seen you bash them personally, so you think that we are just willing to hand you out money?

As far as the "rust" when we shipped them out the rods were clean. Again you wait 3 months where I dont know wtf you could have done to the rods, or where you left them. That is another thing right there that is just really wierd. Which I do not understand why you took this long to even make a mention of this.

I'm going back to my point again about because we just recently got a MTI 427 you all the sudden say something is wrong with the rods. When you could have done something about this 3 months ago when you recieved the rods. I would have been more then welcome to help you out and take care of this. I do not understand why you did not inspect anything and wait 3 months before you even decide to say anything. I'm sorry but I don't see any reason to do anything about this. Even if it was a month later you could have said something about it and I would have done something about it. You have waited 3 months which is total crap if you want my opinion.

What would you do in our situation. We get this PM the day we actually make our post to DJ saying that we need to know how much to spray. You also see his new signature where it says he has a MTI 427 and it is know that my brother is young. You've probably read that we are going to be buying a nitrous kit soon enough. I did some research on your old post's and I found this

It makes me wonder if you think we just got this **** handed to us. Maybe you don't know but both my brother and I work our *** off to get **** done to our cars. So you think just because mommy and daddy "helped" out, which was not much at all. That we can hand money out esp. three months after you got something then all the sudden realize it was wrong.You can ask the 100-200 members on this forum that know both of us. They will also tell you we are fair people and I've sold parts to many people.

Chris Powell
I dont care if it was 3 months or 3 days. Do you know that I've been in Texas for the last 3 months ? No, I sent the check to your friend for the said amount for a set of 6.1'' rods. I was on the east coast at Camp Lejeune I have been back for a month and two weeks ago was able to take the rods out of the box when delilvered to my engine builder. He was the one who opened the box and saw not only the surface rust but then measured the length to verify they were not LS1 rods. Yes, it is possible to run a 6.00" rod with a custom piston. If I had sent money for a 6.00'' rod and knew what I was getting into that would of been fine. The surface rust could of been cleaned up and life would go on. I am not even asking for a full refund. I sent your friend pms 2 weeks ago about this problem and he did not reply with anything. I didnt even want to take this public because it just causes drama. I sent your friend a pm to work out a resolution for something that was sold and sent to me as a wrong item.

I also do not see how who he bought it from has anything to do with my transaction with him or MTI for that matter you just said for some instances a 6.0'' rod can be used. That is understanble back to the case in point. I purchased this and it wasn't even the right length. Would you like me to take a picture so you can see this ?

I am also young like both of you and have done many transactions with plenty of members on this board. I've even gone great length to help others on here and around my area in the racing community. I did not take a jab at your character I just started all of this with I wanted to communicate with the buyer who IGNORED my pm's. He obviously thought if he ignored it I would go away which was the wrong thing to do. I just wanted to tell him I was sent the wrong set of rods and I even figured he didnt know but I would of done the right thing. If I sell something even to a friend I'll back it up no matter if it's a week or a year, that is just the right thing to do . We can sit here and throw our good morales back and forth but whats the point of that ?

I would just like to work out a fair resolution from the person I purchased these from. Like I told him in the pm's I sent, I put the rods on ebay and want to find a reasonable resolution for both of this. Even if that means me and him splitting the difference of what I don't get back from ebay. I'm not sitting here asking for a full refund. I took the initiative to try to sell these on my own so I wouldnt have to deal with your friend at all but that wasn't possible. So have your friend pm me so we can find a reasonable solution.

Marc Whitmore
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Matt and Chris Powell are stand-up guys, they have no need to even try to pull one over on somebody. Plus, three months down the road and you want a refund, hell most stores you go to now are 30 days max.

Peace,
Craig.

Craig,
I have no reason to pull one over on somebody as stated in my response above I was not able to look at the product since I was on the east coast. I'm not here to start a war but find a reasonable solution. Isnt that what the mods are here to do too ?

Marc
Old 08-02-2006, 02:10 AM

Craig,
I have no reason to pull one over on somebody as stated in my response above I was not able to look at the product since I was on the east coast. I'm not here to start a war but find a reasonable solution. Isnt that what the mods are here to do too ?

Marc
I didn't say you were trying to pull one over on Matt, I was saying Matt has no reason to try and pull one over on you. And yes, I can't be biased as a mod, and he is my friend. Hence the reason why I didn't lock this thread.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:15 AM

BTW- Matt has been in NY and will be there about another week. Probably why he has not known about this. His brother, as you see, is looking into it.

When you posted this up it would have helped to state that you were unable to look at the parts since you were out of state, and to have pics of them posted. This would have helped your argument 100%.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I didn't say you were trying to pull one over on Matt, I was saying Matt has no reason to try and pull one over on you. And yes, I can't be biased as a mod, and he is my friend. Hence the reason why I didn't lock this thread.

Peace,
Craig.
My mistake for reading it wrong. Thanks for not locking this thread but either way it doesn't matter I just want the seller to contact me personally so we can work out a resolution nothing more.

Marc
Old 08-02-2006, 04:01 AM
TECH Pimp

I have been back for a month and two weeks ago was able to take the rods out of the box when delilvered to my engine builder. He was the one who opened the box and saw not only the surface rust but then measured the length to verify they were not LS1 rods. Yes, it is possible to run a 6.00" rod with a custom piston.
It was hard for me to understand what you were trying to say happend here, but I do have some questions to try to sort this out cause none of it makes sense.

You say that you have had them this whole time, yet the box they came in was only opened two weeks ago?
To me when I buy anything from someone I don't know over the internet as soon as I get it I make sure it's right, or make sure my builder checks it. It wasn't christmas there was no need to wait.

Now persay it was sent to the engine builder, and you were out of town having no way to open it.
Why didn't your engine builder open the box upon it's arival? He wasn't aware that he would need to know if they were right or not? You wern't at all concernd that someone could have sent you a box of bricks?

Lets say the above is true and the rods were at his shop, in his care, without you having ever seen them and they all the sudden to have rust on them after 3 months in a box.. I'd say your builder is responsible for the care of that box and the contents inside of it. He should have checked them promptly knowing that the parts could be wrong/broken, but first and for most the thing that frightens me the most is that you could sit there for 3 months with a box yet not be interesting in the contents.

Your builder had them, yet you are just finding out about all this recently.. He never called, wrote, typed, txt, or anything he just let it sit there untill you got there? Sounds fishy either way. Personaly I'd want to know what was inside the box.

I wonder what conditions these rods were left in at this persons shop. If you want my advice I would look for a nice set of pistons to go with those rods you bought.

Last edited by _Zac; 08-02-2006 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:10 AM
TECH Pimp

I just re-read it and it's looking like you were trying to say that you had them the whole time.

In this case like I said above it's even worse. How can you have them for that long without having someone open them up?