Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Ss Vs Tt 3000gt Vr4

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Ss Vs Tt 3000gt Vr4

Well earlier tonight i went out to the local hangout spot and met up with some buds of mine. We got talking about the normal bs. My buddie says he has a race for me. He said it was a twin turbo 3000gt. So he called him up and after waiting a hour and a half he showed up. He asked what i had and I told him cam, suspension, and a catback. He said is that it? Yes it is Kinda forgot to mention the 125 wet shot. Now what shocked me is when he asked me to go from a roll instead of a dig. I looked at him in disbelief, thinking this guy has AWD and he wants to go from a roll. I was like OK!! So the light turns green and we roll to about 10mph and he yells go. I instantly pulled on him by like 3 cars in first. By the end of the race I had about 7 or eight cars on him. We got back to the spot and talked a little, he was a cool ****, especally when he found out that i juiced his ***. His buddies all took some pics of the car and we went our separate ways. All in all good night, no cops, and there was no arguing.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a real winner, not owning up to all your mods until after you beat him.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u probably still woulda won if u didnt use the juice
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Sounds like a real winner, not owning up to all your mods until after you beat him.
Just part of the game we play my friend. Had a couple of guys do that to me in the past - just taught me to look under the hood if the circumstances were a little more serious (money, pride etc.)

Either way good kill. The VR4 can be killer off the line and really quick with some turbo mods, however their awd system makes the curb weight more like that of a large sedan which is its major downfall. Crazy that he didnt want to go from a dig I know a guy with a stock one and it seems like he can launch nicely from almost any RPM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah as far as me not telling him about the spray, hey thats his problem he didnt look under my hood. Hell his buddie is the one that noticed the bottle between the seats. I was very shocked about the whole going from a roll deal myself, he said he didnt want to fry his clutch. Oh well a street race is a street race, run what you brung. My bottle was filled so i used it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Them VR4's r heavy as **** & cost ALOT of $$$ to make fast.....nice kill
Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
whats so bad about that?

when I got my firebird together with its H/C/I 383 I told everyone it was stock with a cam and open headers. they knew very little about V8s since they're all into sport compacts so they believed me. if I would have told them what all I had I guarentee I would not have raced as much as I did because they'd all be scared to lose.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's the problem with that? Lack of integrity. If you would have let him look under the hood (and I'll admit, people who don't are most shiesty than people who lie) then I guess it's his loss. And zig, I bet you a good number of ricers know how nasty an LT/LS1 car with heads and cam are.

My bad for being a little jumpy on this one, but I always thought that this attitude was reserved for ricers. Run what you brung indeed... but it's not poker fellas.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Hey if he had asked to look under my hood i would of let him. Hell he was checking out my car for a good 15min before we even raced, and he didnt even see the bright blue nos bottle between the seats. Thats his problem not mine. Sounds like you got beat by somone without them telling you all of there mods. Guess what Iam not a dick, but in this day and age most of the import crowd are a hell of a lot more shady, so you know what, its time for me to be shady too. Not my problem if there not educated enough to know about a v8 car. And its not there problem if I dont know anything about there import.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Coming from a guy who just got smoked by a TT C5 that I thought was NA I don't see a problem not telling someone all your mods. I wasn't mad. If he was NA it would have made for a more fun race but it was nice seeing 7 cars between us.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm with the "Run what ya brung" group.
If yer afraid to run stay on the sidewalk and watch.
I've had more then one person tell me they wanted a handicap because I have DR's, or because I have a few mod's.
That's ridiculous.
That's why we mod our car's, so we can go faster.
If the way to have a fair a race is by giving up car length's to slower car's, what's the point?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokin00ss
Hey if he had asked to look under my hood i would of let him. Hell he was checking out my car for a good 15min before we even raced, and he didnt even see the bright blue nos bottle between the seats. Thats his problem not mine. Sounds like you got beat by somone without them telling you all of there mods. Guess what Iam not a dick, but in this day and age most of the import crowd are a hell of a lot more shady, so you know what, its time for me to be shady too. Not my problem if there not educated enough to know about a v8 car. And its not there problem if I dont know anything about there import.
I didn't get beat by someone not spilling their mods. If anything, I did have a little surprise with an SI hatch that claimed he was stock. I was a kid, guess that's why I believed him. His puny shot still didn't have anything on me.

What I'm trying to say is WHY should you have to stoop down to the "import crowd"? Isn't winning enough?

I'll admit, I'm not as aggressive in the street racing scene anymore like some of you guys are, but to see the quality of our domestic caliber go down because "they're shady" and we have to "fight fire with fire" is kind of disheartening. Trust your mods. If they don't want to race, they're afraid. Simple as that...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah i guess i understand what your saying. The problem wasnt the fact that i dont trust my mods but the fact that I waited from 1030pm till about 12pm for him to show. I didnt want him to get there and not race because i have spray. So i just neglected to mention it, thats all.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Hey dannyz I hear you about people wanting a few lengths. If they want lengths then tell them to go on the show PINKS for gods sake, that way they can cry all they want.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokin00ss
Hey dannyz I hear you about people wanting a few lengths. If they want lengths then tell them to go on the show PINKS for gods sake, that way they can cry all they want.
LMAO I have to admit i like that show though, hasnt been an F-body yet that lost (minus the one that broke against the 5.0, although if it had lasted im sure it would have won) And yes we're the ones always giving lengths WTF?