Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big thanks to Dave @ Rock-On

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Big thanks to Dave @ Rock-On

I've had my Rock-On 4L60E for almost 2 and a half years now with no problems, but last week it started shifting alot harder than usual. I called Dave and he said it sounded like the vacuum line had come off the transmission. I jacked up the car and found that the line was still on, but that it had a huge hole in it. I called Dave back and he said to bring it by the shop this week but I told him I wouldn't be able to until later in the evening after work. He said no problem, I'll wait for you. So I pulled in his shop at 8:30 last night and he was waiting just to replace this hose, which he replaced for free. Now that's customer service dammit! Thanks Dave.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wish rock on was near me. i'd have a shift kit put in, my servos replaced, new accumulator pistons, new clutches...i'm just so damn scared to let anyone touch my transmission. i have no clue who is good on south jersey.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
I've had my Rock-On 4L60E for almost 2 and a half years now with no problems, but last week it started shifting alot harder than usual. I called Dave and he said it sounded like the vacuum line had come off the transmission. I jacked up the car and found that the line was still on, but that it had a huge hole in it. I called Dave back and he said to bring it by the shop this week but I told him I wouldn't be able to until later in the evening after work. He said no problem, I'll wait for you. So I pulled in his shop at 8:30 last night and he was waiting just to replace this hose, which he replaced for free. Now that's customer service dammit! Thanks Dave.
That is awesome. Where is his shop.. I need to drop my tranny off to have the front pump bushing replaced and his website does not have the address. I guess I could get off my lazy *** and call.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

nice sig BADFNZ lol
Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel_SS
That is awesome. Where is his shop.. I need to drop my tranny off to have the front pump bushing replaced and his website does not have the address. I guess I could get off my lazy *** and call.
It's about 2-3 miles west of 35 on highway 380 in Denton.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dave not only sells bullet proof transmissions at reasonable prices but is also one of the nicest guys in the industry.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Dave not only sells bullet proof transmissions at reasonable prices but is also one of the nicest guys in the industry.

I concurr.. although i have never met the guy.. I spoke with him just today "at length"... suffice to say... he will be building me a Stage 4 Rock on 4L60E...

Anyone running a Stage 4?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

My Stage IV should be here tomorrow and in the car on Friday. Thanks Dave for doing what you did....
Old 08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i wish rock on was near me. i'd have a shift kit put in, my servos replaced, new accumulator pistons, new clutches...i'm just so damn scared to let anyone touch my transmission. i have no clue who is good on south jersey.
"rumor" has it that Dave might open a shop in the NY area sometime in the near future.