Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tci tcu help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tci tcu help

i am putting a 4l80e into my 6speed car. what wires do you splice into for the tps like what color to what color? and where do you hook it up to your ignition at. also any other wires that dont just plug into something? i havnt tried to hook it up yet or really looked at it i just know this i need some help with. also just for the basic tune that the tcu comes with do i have to load it or is it already in the computer?

thanks,
Jason
Old 08-03-2006, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TCU is basically setup to power a TPS and read the output from it so if you look at the wiring diagram it will have 3 wires only 1 that is the signal wire. You want to splice that wire into the factory TPS signal wire. The other 2 TPS wires don't need to be used since the factory TPS is already powered. As for whether there is a tune already in the TCU I don't know because I purchased mine used, but I think I read somewhere that it comes with the file in it. Their instructions from their website or on the software they give you are really informative too.

I just pulled the RPM off of the computer. I also spliced the factory speed sensor wires into the rear speed sensor in order to give the speed signal to the computer and allow the speedometer to work among other things. Other than that I think it is fairly straight forward. If you want you can wire up a switch that grounds the performance/economy lead and this will allow you to raise or lower the line pressure with the flip of a switch. Also you can wire up some more switches to use the gear command feature. Good luck