Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Budget racing seats write up. *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Budget racing seats write up. *pics*

I got these off of ebay, they were $298 shipped to my door and came with universal sliders. These are kinda "ricer" seats, they use 12MM bolts! If you dont like them, well I dont remember asking.

I was extremely pleased with the quality of them, they are light and comfortable, I love the fabic, it really breathes.

I managed to get these in with no welding and minimal fabrication. The tracks on these seats are exactly the same width apart as factory!

I grinded out the rivets on the bottom of the original seat, and pulled off the factory floor brackets, then measured and drilled holes in them to accept the universal sliders that come with the seats. I can do a more detailed write up at some point if someone needs me too.

I managed to get the drivers side to sit nice and low, Im 6' and the drivers side feels the exact same height as the factory seat. The passenger seat is about 2" higher due to the way the factory seat mounts are located, I didnt wanna go cutting up the floor pan, but you cant tell when you sit in the passenger side, it doesnt feel too high.

I also put a bucket seat in this lightning. It was much easier. (thats not me in the pic)

Dont do this to your hand, I just spend all night in the emergency room. that **** is deep, sry for the crappy pic but I didnt feel like taking a bunch.

Last edited by camaroextra; 08-04-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned

nice, my int. is almost done paul. I had to go and order molded carpet that other **** i had just didn't cut it. All I've got to do is the doors and steering wheel and I'm done!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

I looked at those a long time ago. Call me stupid but I worried about items priced so low on quality. How would you rate the comfort of those seats? Have you ever sat in a Corbeau TRS? If so how would you compare? Have you gone on a trip longer than 40 minutes? Could you still feel you butt afterwards?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

link to the ones you bought?

i seen some for 200 shipped, need info on yours
Old 08-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any better pics in the car?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah lets see some more inside shots
Old 08-04-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

Ive been looking at seats for some time now...all the big names and Ive come to the conclusion that they all look pretty much the same ...they seem to be constructed the same.....

Ive yet to do a side by side comparison..but I believe that they all may very well be the same to some degree...

Like major appliances and DC drives and LCD screens..a fer suppliers lots of different "Brand Names"

Get some shots of the inside....seat look good

Last edited by BitViper; 08-04-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Launching!

those seats are a big improvement! Nice
Old 08-04-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Ill get some inside shots soon, I cut my hand right after I finished, and I was more concerned with not bleeding on my seats than taking pics of them. there was a long line at teh emergency room so I took all night to get stiched up

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I looked at those a long time ago. Call me stupid but I worried about items priced so low on quality. How would you rate the comfort of those seats? Have you ever sat in a Corbeau TRS? If so how would you compare? Have you gone on a trip longer than 40 minutes? Could you still feel you butt afterwards?
I havent sat in teh corbeau TRS, but my friends turbo jetta comes with corbeau stock. I would rate these very similar in comfort and hold, maybe not super high quality, but there is nothing that annoys me about them. And yes my first trip in them took about 40 minutes and My but felt great, the *** padding is actually pretty nice, but they are still brand new so we will see. They actually feel better than the "viper style" srt-4 seats if you have ever sat in those

Originally Posted by Havok2
link to the ones you bought?

i seen some for 200 shipped, need info on yours
you dont want those. All of those are the "carbon fiber" material. Which is basicly super shitty vinyl with a carbon fiber pattern in it, Its seems like the nastiest thing to sit on ever.

Mine are the nylon weave, which is super comfortable, ebcause it breathes. So you can ride around in the summer with the windows down, and not have your back all super sweaty

Last edited by camaroextra; 08-04-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Mine are the nylon weave, which is super comfortable, ebcause it breathes. So you can ride around in the summer with the windows down, and not have your back all super sweaty
That statement alone makes me want to get these seats. My back starts sweating the second I sit down on that black leather.

And you could probably sell those black leather seats for a couple hundred bucks too, right?
Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
That statement alone makes me want to get these seats. My back starts sweating the second I sit down on that black leather.

And you could probably sell those black leather seats for a couple hundred bucks too, right?
No kidding! I'm very interested too, could you post up the link to the auction you won so we can get seller details as well as more pics would be good too once you get your hand fixed up. Thanks man
Old 08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have those seats in my S10. They are the SHIZNIT for the price!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

I duno if I can post a link for the auction due to site rules. But the seats are Dynamic Auto Design's (DAD's). Search and ye shall find.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could you PM me your auction link? Searched and got nothin
Thanks
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 PM

Do you know how much the seats weigh? And could you elaborate on why the passenger seat is higher than the driver seat? Could this be fixed without cutting the floor pan?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Those seats look nice. Biggest concern is..comfort level. How long could you ride before you want to stand up and stretch? I know some racing seats are all day drivers, and others you could barely stand a pass at the strip.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Do you know how much the seats weigh? And could you elaborate on why the passenger seat is higher than the driver seat? Could this be fixed without cutting the floor pan?
Um i didnt weigh them, but less than 30lbs a piece with the brackets, a decent bit lighter than the stockers.

On the passenger side "the catalytic converter hump" is in the way of the seat, so the bracket on that side is slim, so the seat sits right on it, on the drivers side that 2 inches is made up by the extra thickness of the power seat thing.

I could have made them the same height, by moutning the drivers seat higher like the stock one, but this one is slightly thicker, so by moutning it to the floor it made the "*** height" the same as stock (im about 6foot and i prefer the seat all the way down.

I had a few people sit in the passenger side and they didnt even notice its higher, and after I asked them, they said it felt fine.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anymore pics yet? Did you get my PM about the switch plus?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Anymore pics yet? Did you get my PM about the switch plus?
replied

Quick Reply: Budget racing seats write up. *pics*