Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Rx7 vs 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx7 vs 03 Cobra

I decided to go for a cruise today before work and on my way back home I see a red snake exiting the highway I needed to enter. It was lowered on some nice black rims with a polished lip. It was very clean. he even had #s on the back window as if he recently ran it at the track. And the tag said "VNMOUS" Needless to see I missed my exit When he was merging on he gunned it and shot around some traffic. I could hear his exhaust from several cars back and it sounded good.

I catch up to him me in the fast lane him in the slow and he gooses it a few times I did the same to let him know I'm game. After clearing some traffic we had enough room to stretch our legs a bit.

He pulls even with me at about 65mph and his window is down now. I point for him to go but i guess he didn't want the move because he pointed for me to go first I was in the meet of third gear and punched it. He went right after me and from 65 I was able to pull about one car in third and in 4th i began to see him in my rearview mirror. I shut down at about 135 with about a car and a half and still slowly but steadily walking away. When the mustang caught up I gave him a thumbs up and I think he said "that thing's fast" but it was hard to hear at highway speeds. He exited the highway shortly after and I followed hoping to get an idea of what mods he had if any. But he never pulled into any of the open parking lots and I didn't wanna freak him out by following him around town so I just called it a day and went home.

***cliffnotes***
one race from 65-135
FD pulled about 1.5 cars

My mods are T04R , 15psi this run
The Terminator : catback? ,maybe more?

Last edited by ProjectD; 08-04-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Dont know what that Cobra had, but I raced a Twin Turbo Supra(unknown mods) on the freeway and pulled 1.5 cars on him till 125. All I have is a K&N FIPK and Bassani Catback.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ Did I miss something? Where does a TT Supra come in on this one?

Good kill, but I would assume the Cobra had to be more modded than that. My GR63 FD would pull a fult-bolt (Pulley, tune, exhaust, etc. 463/480 Cobra) by a car or two to 130 at 16 PSI.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Teching In

Excuse my ignorance but what it FIPK? BTW nice kill. I know of a few local supras that will eat me alive.

I honestly would be very disapointed if I could only pulled 1.5 cars on a stock Cobra but i can only guess at his mods.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Teching In

FIPK-Fuel Injection Performance Kit aka Intake.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:53 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectD
Excuse my ignorance but what it FIPK? BTW nice kill. I know of a few local supras that will eat me alive.

I honestly would be very disapointed if I could only pulled 1.5 cars on a stock Cobra but i can only guess at his mods.
NICE KILL.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Thanx for the info RED and thanx for the props guys.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Great Kill man. I ran VNMOUS also a while back. His Blower is loud as hell! I couldnt get him to pull over either. Me and 3 other guys in the car(one a Terminator owner) believed he had a KB as loud as it was. I drilled him by 5 from 30-120. It got scarey because the T tops where off. I know guys real dumb.lol
Now about those TT Supras. I have been dieng to get my hands on them. Where can they be found?

TwIzZtEd
Old 08-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Great Kill man. I ran VNMOUS also a while back. His Blower is loud as hell! I couldnt get him to pull over either. Me and 3 other guys in the car(one a Terminator owner) believed he had a KB as loud as it was. I drilled him by 5 from 30-120. It got scarey because the T tops where off. I know guys real dumb.lol
Now about those TT Supras. I have been dieng to get my hands on them. Where can they be found?

TwIzZtEd

www.supraforums.com. Post where you live and ask for a race and I am sure you will get your hands full.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LSINA7
www.supraforums.com. Post where you live and ask for a race and I am sure you will get your hands full.

Been there done that. Nothing really in my area. It is a shame really. I know there is stuff out there that will smoke me. Just haven't found it yet. Yeah I know, that sounds cocky as hell. But it is true.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Teching In

I wish i could know for sure what "VNMOUS" had. I honestly don't think i could pull a KB like that. I can't wait to see how i do against the local ported eatons though.

Actually the supras i'm talking about are single turbo. And i just found out one of them is still building his motor and the other just finnished but is having problems lol...never ends...
Old 08-05-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ProjectD
I wish i could know for sure what "VNMOUS" had. I honestly don't think i could pull a KB like that. I can't wait to see how i do against the local ported eatons though.

Actually the supras i'm talking about are single turbo. And i just found out one of them is still building his motor and the other just finnished but is having problems lol...never ends...

Yeah that is no joke bro. You going to TRP tonight? I will be there. In uniform of course. Look me up man.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Teching In

How was it? I wanted to go but i'm broke and didn't wanna wear my uniform. I did get to play with a busa though...well he was actually playing with me lol. He was deffinatley a squid wouldn't go all out ( well he didn't need to lol) But
we pulled over afterwords and talked. And he said My car pulled harder than his uncles C6 Z06 Weather that is true or not doesn't really matter to me but being complimented by a Busa made my night! Nooby rider or not!
Old 08-06-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill. what year is your RX-7?

Tom
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Teching In

It's a 93