Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got 95 transam convt. I got its transm. down.. burned the clutches of trans..

Old 08-04-2006, 04:48 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I got 95 transam convt. I got its transm. down.. burned the clutches of trans..

Auto Transms didnt work 3 and 4 gears.. it was made space.. sorry 4 language)

then I make it repaired at service.. replace all of clutches with new ones.. after I use it 2 weekss.. and before it get broke down again I made some burn out trying... later I make an acceleration like 0 -130km.. than the same problem appears again.. 3 th gear is went AGAIN....
I went to service and they open and look that 3th gears Clutch was burned again... ANY LOGICAL EXPLAİN???
Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did you change the seals on the 3-4 piston....did you check the front planets gears for binding or bearing failure.......the servo could be leaking 3rd gear uses the servo for an accumulator........is the band burnt also......the 3-4 accumulator could be leaking.....what about the seals on the turbine shaft did you replace those
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
ZSU
Launching!

thank you for replying my friend..
I am sorry i am not from usa.. so some words in my language maybe difficult to understand at my lang..

but if you mean that, yes the service got the transmission kit.. i think they have changed band and make the turbine opened and checked or repaired. but not changed with new one..

when the 1st failure of transmission they did and repaired these things...
when the 3rd gear failure again, they opened the transmission and he said that the 3rd gear Cluthes burned again... and he got suprized he have no idea why it burnt again..
you mean that 3-4 is leaking oil?? and what you mean with "accumulator"? and planet gear?
because when i look at dictionary it mean like "Battery" in car.. sorry my bad english..

After i have a repaired transmission only ONE OR TWO WEEK.. The trans failed again same stuff 3rd gear get space...

is burn out making may damage the auto transms? but the un logical thing is if it is.. why 3rd gear.. burn out making with 1st gear isnt it..
after 2day.. i accelerate 20km to 130 aprxx.. it burnt againnn.. but now it look ok.. the service changged the 3rd gear cluthces with new ones againn...
weird...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

3rd and 1st run of different clutch packs in third you have forward and 3-4 pack driving..........if you lost 3rd you should have lost 4th also...did you... in first you have low reverse and forward clutches only
Old 08-23-2006, 03:33 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Angry Againnnnnnnnn Burnt!!! 3rd Timess

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
3rd and 1st run of different clutch packs in third you have forward and 3-4 pack driving..........if you lost 3rd you should have lost 4th also...did you... in first you have low reverse and forward clutches only
I AM SORRY NOT REPLYING YOU SOON DUDE... I GOT SAME PROBLEM AGAIN

TODAY I GOT BURNED TRANS CLUTCHES AGAIN!! 3RD TIME (AFTER REPAIRED IT 2ND TIME)!!! I ACCELERATE WITH FULL GAS.. UNTIL 160KM/HR I NOTICE 3RD GEAR MAKE SPACE WHEN I PUSH GAS AGAIN!!! > DAMNNNNNN...
I HAVENT GO TO CAR SERVICE YET DAMN!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM????
ISNT THAT CARS MAKE FOR ACCELARETING??I USUALLY DRIVE 100 130 KM/HR.. SOMETIMES I KICKDOWN NOT OFTEN... IS IT BAD FOR CLUTHES(!) ??
HRRRR...
P.S. BECAUSE OF IT CANT SWITCH TO 3RD GEAR IT CANNOT SWITCH 4TH(D) TOO...

Last edited by ZSU; 08-23-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really think that you have a fluid pressure issue...what are the clutch pack clearances when you put them in....should be around .030 for performance and around .040 for other
Old 08-23-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

since it seems like you have done the obvious try replacing the seals on the 3-4 accumulator.....also the 3rd accumulator could be leaking past the chack ball and lowering your fluid pressure and causing the 3-4 to burn up i would take the raggedy check ball out and plug the bore with a cup plug to completly block off the 3rd accumulator....also again did you change the input shaft teflon seals they could also be leaking
Old 08-23-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let me make this easy for ya
1 replace the input shaft seals
2 replace the 3-4 accumulator seals and check to make sure it is not leaking past the accumulator pin best thing to get is a pinless 1-2 and 3-4 acumulator piston theyare 10 bucks from sonnax this will eliminate the leaking past the pin theory
3. block the 3rd accumulator port with a cup plug from a 41te tranny (the park pawl cup plug)
4. get a molded piston kit forward,3-4, and overunn.
make sure the epc is working right again you really need to check the pressures in the 3-4 circuit

Search this Thread