Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volant Cold Air System

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Volant Cold Air System

: Has anyone had any experience with this dual snorkel system that looks similar to the one for the C5 & C6 . Discounted cost is $293.00 and they are claiming over 20HP RWHP? Also the VARARAM SPACER & VELOCITY STACK ? FORD LOVERS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND, YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD! ~
Old 08-04-2006, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

20rwhp? LOL...right
Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1wfo
:over 20HP RWHP
yea, you can get 20rwhp...if you're driving 150mph. it's one of those things that the faster you go the more power you make. how much time do you spend at 150mph though? i've never been in a car

you'll likely see 5-10rwhp gains if you're roll racing at say, 60mph. if you go from a dig, you're likely to see 1-2 tenths off your quarter and trap 1-2mph more. at least these are the usual claims.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

that spacer and stacker are crap. dont waste your money.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

its basically the same thing as a lid and K&N filter
Old 08-05-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

the volant cai isnt for camaros unless u have an ultra z hood. think about a velocity stack filter
Old 08-05-2006, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Andros
the volant cai isnt for camaros unless u have an ultra z hood. think about a velocity stack filter
You've gotta be ******* kidding me. After all the **** you gave me in my thread about the FTRA and me saying that a volant doesn't do dick on non ram air cars you're now agreeing? Holy **** you're a tool.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1wfo
: Has anyone had any experience with this dual snorkel system that looks similar to the one for the C5 & C6 .
I have a Volant currently and plan to go back to an air box and lid set up. The Volant looks great (which is why I went with it instead of a lid) and performs better than I expected. I have never had the car tuned or on a dyno, so I'm not sure of the actual gains, but gas mileage improved and throttle response got a little better. I like the Volant until it is time to re-oil the filters. The cleaning kits are way harder to find than most other brands, namely K&N. Plus, when i ordered the cleaning kit, they sent the filter oil in a squirt bottle, not an aerosol can. The directions for applying the oil to the filter show an aerosol can being used. It was a pain to get the oil evenly spread on the filter by applying it with a toothbrush.... trust me! On the upside, if you put the toothbrush back in your stepbrother's bathroom where you got it from, it makes for a very funny reaction the next time they use it!

In short, get a lid and FTRA, save the rest of the $200 and put it on custom painting and airbrushing of the lid itself. Thats what I wish I would have done.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frosty
You've gotta be ******* kidding me. After all the **** you gave me in my thread about the FTRA and me saying that a volant doesn't do dick on non ram air cars you're now agreeing? Holy **** you're a tool.
i dont agree w/ u fool
Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

here we go again
Old 08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
here we go again
You got that right...."have you heard about the VIOLENT COLD SHOULDER BLOWER?" .... yeah - took me a few minutes to come up with that one
Old 08-06-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SeriousPWRTRIP
I have a Volant currently and plan to go back to an air box and lid set up. The Volant looks great (which is why I went with it instead of a lid) and performs better than I expected. I have never had the car tuned or on a dyno, so I'm not sure of the actual gains, but gas mileage improved and throttle response got a little better. I like the Volant until it is time to re-oil the filters. The cleaning kits are way harder to find than most other brands, namely K&N. Plus, when i ordered the cleaning kit, they sent the filter oil in a squirt bottle, not an aerosol can. The directions for applying the oil to the filter show an aerosol can being used. It was a pain to get the oil evenly spread on the filter by applying it with a toothbrush.... trust me! On the upside, if you put the toothbrush back in your stepbrother's bathroom where you got it from, it makes for a very funny reaction the next time they use it!

In short, get a lid and FTRA, save the rest of the $200 and put it on custom painting and airbrushing of the lid itself. Thats what I wish I would have done.
I would think you should be able to use a K&N or Holly cleaning kit.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Andros
Unless you do what I did.

And I use my K&N kit to clean the filter.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

dear god, andros has commited 520 posts to this forum of complete stupidity. i read his thread about the ws6 hood being better than the ss and laughed my *** off. so now, whenever i need a laugh i click on find more posts by andros!