Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chatter comming out of lockup.. ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chatter comming out of lockup.. ?

OK I'm going to toss this out there. I have the mods in my sig trans installed and speed inc with a Speed inc Basic tune. It all runs great, no codes, no problems, great shifts but I've noticed it chattering just as the car comes OUT of lockup. It goes into lockup normally, no noise at all. Just when I ease into the throttle slowly just as it comes out of lockup it chatters for a split second. Would that be a tuning issue? or a converter issue? I absolutly love how the car runs with the setup and cut a 12.68 with a 1.78 60' with this converter on DR's but the little bit of chatter is worrying me. I sure don't want to screw the trans up. any ideas? sugestions? I'll probaly shoot speed Inc an email and ask about it but was wondering what the general LS1 tech public thinks. everyhting I've read when I searched is about chatter going into lockup but nothing on chatter comming out of lockup and no.. I don't know what was done with the tune heck I'll probably ask Speed Inc about it.

Edit... I almost hope it is a tuning issue actualy.. it will give me a reason to buy HP tuners! lol!

Last edited by sixvi6-camaro; 08-05-2006 at 12:52 AM. Reason: God My spelling is for shit..