Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed a nasty sounding 5.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default killed a nasty sounding 5.0!!!

I got a call from my buddy to go meet him at the local crispy cream to check out some nice Mustangs. So I hop in the Vette and cruise over there.

We hung out and some nice newer and older clean *** mustangs came and left. We hung out for about an hour and shot the ****. I showed the guys my new setup and told them what I had done to the motor........then we would mosy on to the next car and do the same. It was cool!!!!

Well as I was leaving a younger guy (pretty decent guy, IMO) asked me to follow him out to the highway for a quick run.

I eagerly obliged, knowing he had some involved work into that thing. It had a cam, heads, all the bolts on's............but it was still all motor! As was I!!

So we head out to the highway and there were 2 other fox bodies following him. I passed them up to get next to the modified 5.0!

So I roll down my window and tell him to slow down so that we can create a good empty area in front of us. So we cruise at about 30mph or so for about a good 10 seconds (you could tell the people behind the 2 other 5.0's were getting pissed off!!!

I honk once and he hammers it and quickly realizes that he fucked up. So I start over again and finally on the third honk, we go! I let him get a good half a car jump knowing I had way more power than he did. As soon as I topped 2nd gear I had 1 1/2 cars on him.........I slammed 3rd gear and pulled decently. I had my traction control on and it bogged my motor down. But it didn't matter and I new it wouldn't. I shut down almost at the top of 3rd and had a good 4 cars on him.

We slowed down, took the next exit. We parked at the closest gas station said our words and I took off!

Nice *** mustang.........just too slow!

That's why I sold my mustang and bought an LS1.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha nice jon..you should come up to seattle some time.... well actually i wouldnt cause nothing ever happends in the city...(That i know about??)
good runs...
if u ever wana get set up with a nasty 5.0 let me know actually its a 331.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
haha nice jon..you should come up to seattle some time.... well actually i wouldnt cause nothing ever happends in the city...(That i know about??)
good runs...
if u ever wana get set up with a nasty 5.0 let me know actually its a 331.
Tell him to bring that bad boy out to the drag strip!

I got some fun for him! And if he don't run the strip......I RARELY (if ever) street race so I don't know what else to say.

Oh, BTW........If that 5.0 don't have a power adder of some sort, he's going to get his *** handed to him.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

I have seen some of those mustang's at that place. [ I manage the restaurant right across the street]. They have some nice one's to be sure, and there's alway's a few new one's that show up. They do that un-official show every friday btw.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:20 AM
TECH Junkie

haha well all ill say is its putting 500+ to the rear..AFR heads, Vortec S/C... etc.. etc.. he hasnt even gotten all the psi out his blower. he aint hookin worth a **** though haha. but i was just messin around. he doesnt really race....................
once i get my cam in, tuned etc. i really wana head out to the drag strip. but im never motivated enough to go
jon you were the one that wanted to get dyno tuned correct? well if you want i have a week and a half to spare before i go out of town for my bros wedding.. so we should head out togehter after jason and i get my cam swapped. let me know!
-joey
Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Was this the Friday Mustang meet at Crispy Cream in Puyallup? I have a buddy w/ a 5.0 who always goes up there. I've been a few times and know about 1/2 the people up there. Good guys for the most part and there is always a lot of beautiful cars up there. What color was the Mustang that you ran?
Old 08-05-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

one of these days im going to make my way down where u guys are...its a long drive tho
Old 08-05-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97Birdofprey
Was this the Friday Mustang meet at Crispy Cream in Puyallup? I have a buddy w/ a 5.0 who always goes up there. I've been a few times and know about 1/2 the people up there. Good guys for the most part and there is always a lot of beautiful cars up there. What color was the Mustang that you ran?
It was a black 5.0 with a different bumper. The bumber was primered I think.

Nice car though! And it sounded great.

I've met the owner a couple of times as well and he's a pretty nice guy! Real smart with them things from what I could tell.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

one of these days im going to make my way down where u guys are...its a long drive tho
Hell, just head out the the drag strip when the group goes! Robert and I will most likely be there.

And I hope to be knocking down some 10 second runs too.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

nice! i need jason to call me back i tried contacting him abuot a date to throw in my cam but he hasnt responded back...after the cam and everything else is installed id love to head to the track! when are you going to get your car tuned??
Old 08-06-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Second Club

nice! i need jason to call me back i tried contacting him abuot a date to throw in my cam but he hasnt responded back...after the cam and everything else is installed id love to head to the track! when are you going to get your car tuned??
Monday!

What size cam are you putting in? Your going to need to get that car tuned after that cam goes in too. Well if you want to extract the best performance out of it anyway.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Oh, BTW........If that 5.0 don't have a power adder of some sort, he's going to get his *** handed to him.
thats a dangerous thing to say.
For all you know it could be a worked 347 on a sick drag suspension and a light car. That's not what you want to run into at the track.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
thats a dangerous thing to say.
For all you know it could be a worked 347 on a sick drag suspension and a light car. That's not what you want to run into at the track.
Ran one and he stuck with me pretty good till the top end where I didn't pull him much.

His car had a lot of work and he was getting some great 60ft times.......as aposed to mine.

Either way that was before I had my setup before this new one I got. He was running low 12's with that setup!

From my experience, if a mustang don't have a power adder it has been slow. There is one newer style mach 1 at the track I frequent that knocks down consistant mid 12's. But in todays standards, that is slow!

JMO, take it for what its worth!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

i get in monday! my cam is the torquer 2. 232/234 .595/.598 112
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

i get in monday! my cam is the torquer 2. 232/234 .595/.598 112
Damn! That is a healty cam.

I want a bigger cam. All I got now is a 228/228 .571/.571 112 lobe sep.

It works fine, but when I get the money I'm going to build a whole new motor and add the biggest cam I can stuff into that bastard! Obviously this is a couple years away.

I would love to hear that cam when it's tuned! Your gonna have to post up a sound bite for us or meet up with us for a track day.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:07 AM
TECH Junkie

for sure man... good run and see u in the NW section