Waco, TX to St. Louis area tow? if interested, step in...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Waco, TX to St. Louis area tow? if interested, step in...

Hey Guys......

I need to know if anyone would be interested in helping me out. I know this is a long shot, but I figure since I have 2 weeks to set this up, I'd give this a try before calling U'haul for a van/trailer rental pkg.

I'm buying a 1990 Mustang out of Waco, Tx and I and my Wife will be flying in there on Aug. 19th if all goes well. I am in need of someone with a reliable tow pkg that would be willing to meet us there, load the car, and drive up to St. Louis, Mo where I will unload the car and drive the remaining 250 miles to our house in the car. I would also be interested in a tow for the entire distance, but $ would be a deciding factor if it's worth it to you and me and only if the trailer is enclosed. If it's an open trailer, then St. Louis is far enough. You can drive the entire time if you'd like, or we can alternate. I have pulled a trailered car one time with my previous car for 100 miles, not a lot of experience, but I drive a straight truck nearly every day of the week, about 65,000 miles/yr, so I have a lot of miles under my belt.

Here's what i've come up with for an offer....

According to yahoo maps, the drive from Waco to St. Louis is 744 miles, and an estimated 11 hrs & 45 min., let's just call it 12 hrs one way. I will pay for all gas round trip, starting off with your full tank, and whatever we go through when we fill up on the way to and in St. Louis, I'll pay that amount for your return trip. Therefor, I'm paying for 100% of the fuel used.

As for payment, I would like to offer $400 Cash, which comes to $15/hr, for 24 hrs round trip, (which comes out to $360), plus $40 petty cash for food and whatnot.

If you desire to go the additional 237 miles to my house, assuming you have an enclosed trailer, I'll continue the $15 hourly rate + fuel for an additional yahoo estimated 4 hrs, (8 round trip) which would be $120 additional plus fuel.

If anyone is interested, I would need a 100% guarantee that this would take place. The seller is going out of his way to hold the car, and has even gotten several new offers for the car. One guy interested on the Corral.net has even offered his blown '93 Cobra for a straight trade, which he was asking $4500 MORE than what I'm getting this car for! The current owner of the car that's soon to be mine, who I'm not going to mention at this time, owns a very well known restoration company. Due to that, he IS and has to be a stand up guy to maintain his good reputation, and has not been tempted to tear up my check and sell to any other bidders!

Please pm me if you are interested, and if you have any input, please feel free to post up.

Sincerely,
Dave
aka...PRAY HRD
Old 08-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Curveball TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you looked into an auto transport service? Seems like your going to be paying a lot of money just for plane tickets and gas. Even if it would save me $100 to drive I don't think it would be worth it.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRANSdAMn 2k
Have you looked into an auto transport service? Seems like your going to be paying a lot of money just for plane tickets and gas. Even if it would save me $100 to drive I don't think it would be worth it.

well, i have a ton of points with my bank through a pro'mo for every time i use my debit card as a c/c purchase, enough that my wife and i can fly down for free. i need to go there to see/drive the car in person before dropping the rest of the cash, even though i'm 100% sure it's a done deal. i have had a car shipped before, and when it arrived, there was a # of extra chips and scratches on it that were not in the pics, which i specifically had the seller take at several angles close up so i knew the pics were fresh, and to minimize the chance of being scammed. on top of that, the car was FILTHY outside, under, and even the engine bay from all the slop the truck and trailer threw at it. granted it was winter, but i'd rather be with this car which is far nicer, several grand more, and one that i have far more interest in. i also want to have control of when it's picked up and when it's delivered. the other car took 2 weeks for them to pick it up and another 6 days to deliver it. the current owner of this car will not put off the transaction that long. the down side is, even with the free flight, it will still cost me more to have someone bring the car up or rent a uhaul. at the rate i quoted plus gas, i'm expecting to spend around $800 total for a 987 mile trip. the last car cost me $600 delivered and it was 966 miles. the difference is, my wife gets to go on a plane for i think the first or second time ever, and i get to for my second time....small thing for most, but a lot of fun when you haven't done it in 12yrs. plus, we've never been to Texas, not that we're staying long, but we both like road trips. if we get a uhaul, we may spend the night at her brothers house in texarkana. but i'd rather drive straight through to st. louis and get behind the wheel the rest of the way and drive this thing some to get to know it! lol. thanks for the input though, if it were anything but a nice vehicle with a time schedule, i'd agree with you completely.

ANYONE ELSE??? i know you guys want to see the St. Louis Arch!

-Dave