Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

first race neon srt4

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first race neon srt4

Well got into it for the first time snice I got me 98 T/A A4. I was coming home from work the other night around 930. And I see this kid in a black neon srt4 dont know if he had any work done to it but i could hear his blow off valve 2 cars back. I know he seen me cause is was tryin to get in postion so we could run but the traffic was pretty heavy. So i get behind him and he takes off pretty hard and I go after him so trough the traffic i blow past him cause of cars ahead i slow down. Then i see him coming up again real fast so just about when he gets at my rear bumper i hit the gas, so now we are neck and neck and he start in inch on me so like a *** I try to pop it in 3 and i go to 2 by accident and the car starts to jame the rev limter. then he pull about a 1/4 car on me. so i put i back in 3 and i am on him again and i am beging to walk on him a bit. Then when i think i got him out of room. The is was turning off at the next lite i pulled up to the kid blow off valve still going i give him the thumbs up and took off. Just want to share my fist semi race with my new t/a only mods is a cat back and free air mods with a A4 fast little car but i think i would of had him.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just leave it in drive next time, the computer knows what gear you need to be in and can shift faster than you. Plus I think its bad for a 4l60e to manualy shift it.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good loss, better luck next time. As stated let the car shift itself next time. You win some you lose some.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, the most you can do is put it in D without the overdrive. Even then, the computer probably won't kick into OD if you're so much as 3/4 throttle. Nice kill.